Friday, June 20, 2014

Two Down ...

Happy Friday peeps!  Hope you all have had a creative week.   I'm making good progress on my finishes for our Mixed Media Studio group and here's a peek at what I've been up to.

Here's the completed altered initial for one of our second quarter swaps, I had so much fun embellishing this and hope that my swap partner likes it.


Wondering what the 'E' card is all about?  Well, it turns out that my swap partners birth name actually starts with an E (I think she got tired of correcting people when they pronounced her name incorrectly LOL!) so the E is an homage to her 'real' name.  The fun part is that the card can be removed and she can then use the clip to display whatever her little heart desires.


And what's the best part about the letter H?  It looks the same from the front AND the back, so I embellished the back as well so she can switch it up for a change in scenery :O)


The second project I finished was the clothespin 'I Dare You' challenge.  Since summer is in full swing and I have flowers on the brain, I decided to make a clothespin sunflower nodder for the garden.


I used clothespins that I dyed with Rit dye, two lids from frozen juice containers, a length of twisted wire and then I cut 'leaves' from a couple of gingerale pop cans.  Love it!

While waiting for stuff to dry (my least favourite thing to do!), I made up a get well card for one of the ladies in our group who is under the weather.


The background was made using Tim Holtz's blended watercolour stencil technique on 120 lb watercolour paper and I then overstamped the background with my new Eclectica3 EEV05 stamps by Ellen Vargo (love them!) and a couple of the elements in Tim Holtz's 'Heartfelt' Visual Artistry stamp set.  I then restamped the butterfly from Tim's 'Heartfelt' set onto another piece of watercolour paper in a contrasting colour from the background and embossed it with some pearl embossing powder and cut it out.  I printed out the sentiments on my computer (the font is called Admiration Pains) and then cut out the words and mounted them onto watercolour paper.  The words and the embossed butterfly were adhered with pop dots and double sided tape and I then glued the whole thing onto a blank card.  Turned out very pretty I think and hopefully it will bring a smile to the recipients face :O)

So now onto completing the tunneled book and making another card for our Christmas In July card swap that is coming up at the beginning of July (good grief, how did it get to be almost July for Pete's sake?!).  I also have to finish up four new items for our Old Farmhouse Gathering team's 'Anything Goes' celebration that will be starting on Etsy on June 30th.  And I'm also working on a gift for my Dad's birthday that is going to incorporate some recyclables that he collected for me; the whole family is getting in on the act now!  I'll be back as soon as I have something new to share, have a wonderful weekend everyone and happy creating!

Deb

12 comments:

  1. you have been sooo busy, they are beautiful and your swap partner will be over joyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects! Very clever of you to decorate both sides of the H. And I hate waiting for things to dry too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your projects! I love that sunflower... so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so pretty Deb. You do such wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well there are two more things you hit out of the park. I love that you always set the bar so high. The initial is beautiful and I'm sure she will love it. The sunflower is a great idea for the garden, can't wait to see your rock LOL and the card is so sweet and so you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing projects you've created! I love the H and thought it was genius of you to include a clip that your swap partner can use for whatever she wants. It's such a personal gift, yet it's so versatile, too! I'm sure she will love it! I really liked the mix of images that you included on the H which makes it whimsical and elegant. Beautiful card, too, with colors that I adore! I'm so glad that you shared your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What stunning work!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb, you are being so very creative, and energetic.

    How are you liking this beautiful weather?

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've really been busy and that makes the days fly by. I love your beautiful cards...you are always so creative. Of course the colors are some of my favorites! Enjoy your week! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful projects, I admire your awesome talent. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that whimsical garden nodder you created.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you have been very busy. I love your idea of the reversible H...very clever:)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo