Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Working Away On Wednesday

Happy hump day!  Hope you are having a great week, I've been working away on my Dad's birthday present and got it packaged up and into the mail.  I can't wait to show you what it is but that will have to wait until he's received his present.  His birthday is on Friday so hopefully I'll be able to show you some pictures then :O)

So in the meantime, here are a couple of tags that I made up to send with my swap parcels that I just mailed.  The first is a floral tag, love this quote!


Tim Holtz Distress Ink wrinkle-free background with some heart and checkerboard stencil overlays also using Distress Ink.  The flower is a 'Tattered Floral's Tim Holtz die with a heart stick on embellishment for the center and I printed the words onto cardstock, cut them out and then outlined them with a Pigma pen and a little more Distress Ink.  Added some fibers and done.

The second was made using a retro image of a housewife and this fabulous quote, it is too funny!


A wrinkle-free background with Distress Ink again, over stamped with a Wendy Vecchi stamp and a Crafty Secrets stamp.  I cut out and coloured the vintage image and embossed her blouse with clear embossing powder, added the clock face image and the quote was printed out onto cardstock again and applied as above.  Some more fibers to finish it off and it was done :O)

So that's it for now, I'm working on my tunneled book and on my new items for our Old Farmhouse Gathering team's 'Anything Goes' celebration and will show you some pics as soon as I have something finished LOL!  I'll be back to show you some pictures of my Dad's birthday present too as soon as he's received it and until then, happy creating!

Deb

5 comments:

  1. Super tags! Good quotes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looking at the box and the tags you made, I'm sure that your dad is going to be thrilled by his present.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo