Sunday, July 27, 2014

Altered Watch Cuff Finish

Happy Sunday everyone!  I finished making the altered watch cuff for our Mixed Media Studio swap this morning and here are pictures of my finish as promised.


I 'ruffled' some wire edged ribbon and layered it on top of some pink lace and white crochet edging.  Everything was sewn onto a white cotton fabric backing for stability.


I attached the altered watch face with some gray satin ribbon which I embellished with a green 'jeweled' border trim and some faux fresh water pearl beads.


I coloured a hair elastic pink with some alcohol ink and used it for the closure, looping over a pink and gold button.  And thank goodness I decided to use this type of closure because I never thought to consider that my swap partner might need a cuff larger than 7" in diameter; fortunately the elastic will have enough play if she needs it slightly larger.  My wrist is 6 1/2" (the only skinny thing on my entire body!!) and it fits me loosely but doesn't spin around so I think the size will be good no matter what she needs.

I have to say I am in love with this cuff!  I've never made anything like this before and was more than a little intimidated when I started on it but I really enjoyed the process and learned lots along the way.  Give one a try, they aren't hard to do at all and the results are beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by today and hope you have all had a wonderful weekend.  We'll talk again soon and happy creating!

Deb

9 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea what the finished piece would look like - this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so gorgeous...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, you did an amazing job. I didn't see that coming. It is just perfect. I can picture many kawaii gothloli wearing watch cuffs like this one. BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really gorgeous! I love wearing unique jewelry and you've made something you'll enjoy! Happy creating! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH yes finished product is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the cuff! I made several to donate to a fundraiser at an event I attend this summer!!

    Therese
    www.tmalakart.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo