Sunday, July 27, 2014

Love Is The Key

Hello again!  I don't post anything for days on end and now I'm posting twice in one day, go figure :O)  But I wanted to get this hang tag I made posted so I could join up with a challenge at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge blog, the challenge was to Emboss It!


 I started out with a size 5 manila shipping tag and, using the negative key image from an Alterations Hardware Findings die, applied some texture paste through it and let it dry.  I then used the wrinkle free distress technique to colour the tag with Gathered Twigs and Rusty Hinge distress ink, with a little spritz and flick thrown in for good measure.  After drying the tag, I outlined the key with a black Pigma Micron marker and added a touch of Martha Stewart Brushed Pewter acrylic paint onto the texture paste key image.  I then stamped the tag here and there with a Recollections script background stamp and an InkaDinkaDoo flourish stamp, using Archival Ink in Jet Black.

Next I embossed some Core'Dinations card stock using Tim Holtz's Rulers embossing folder, cut a small strip to fit across the bottom of the tag and lightly sanded it with a sanding block and edged it with some Pewter distress ink.  I then cut out the Sizzix Antique Bazaar ribbon die, cut it to length and heat embossed it with some Stamp Affair copper embossing powder.  I glued both embossed elements onto the tag using Glossy Accents.

I then stamped a small heart below the key with Jet Black Archival Ink using a Hampton Art stamp and cut out the small round tag from kraft card stock, using Tim Holtz's Tiny Tabs and Tags die.  I edged the tag with Walnut Stain distress ink and hand lettered the words 'Love Is The Key' onto it using a white Gelly Roll pen and a black Pigma Micron marker.  I added a bit of pearl cotton to the small round tag for a tie and glued it into place using Glossy Accents.

The tiny butterfly die was one that I received in a swap and I edged it with Vintage Photo distress ink and then gently curled the wings and glued it into place on top of the key.  As a finishing touch, I edged the entire tag with Walnut Stain distress ink and scrounged through my fiber stash and found some bits that coordinated well with the tag and added them as a tie.

Thanks to Simon Says Stamp for their challenge that got my creative juices flowing!  I'll be gifting the tag to one of my swap partners over at the Mixed Media Studio, hope that she (and you!) will like the tag and thanks for stopping by,

Deb

9 comments:

  1. Not only do you create amazing art, but you are also able to give a step by step description of what you did - a talent all its own. Your swap partner will be delighted with this tag:)

    Thank you for your kind comments over at my place ~ they mean more than I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sharon above! Great color on this tag too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb,your talent amazes me, I love it. You always make the neatest things. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work Deb - love the detail and the style you have achieved.
    Thanks for playing along in the Simon Says Stamp Emboss It challenge.
    Caryn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it wonderful how we can get our creative running faster with the addition of a few incentives? Love your tag...it's so beautiful.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag !

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the woman. so talented you are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great looking tag. And I love the watch cuff in your earlier post. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo