Monday, August 4, 2014

A Fall Finish

Hello everyone, hope you had a great weekend.  We're still enjoying the weekend here in B.C. as we are celebrating B.C. Day today and I'm so thankful to live in this beautiful province :O)

I finally finished off the mixed media canvas that I shared with you in this post; it was the one that I was having such problems with getting it to dry.  Thanks to all of your helpful comments, I finally set it outside in the sun and let Mother Nature do her thing and surprise!, it dried in no time at all.  So here is the finished canvas, which I am linking with the 'Anything Goes' challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge blog.  (The canvas is now available in my Etsy shop if you are interested in it, click here to view my listing).


The canvas was prepared with gesso and texture paste through a checkerboard stencil which I then sprayed with multiple layers of Distress Stains and Heidi Swapp Color Shine Spray.  I stamped fall and texture stamps in the background with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink as well.


For a little interest and texture on the sides of the canvas, I applied some mesh dry wall tape and covered it with the sprays of Distress Stain and Colour Shine as well.


The leaves were cut using the Sizzix Arbor Die and then coloured with Distress Inks, and the veins were lined with a gold Gelly Roll pen.  I stamped the word 'fall' onto some of the leaves, again with Jet Black Archival ink, using a letter stamp set I got at Michaels.


The quote is a fragment of the poem 'Fall, leaves, fall' by Emily Bronte which I printed out onto some parchment coloured copy paper.  I cut the quote into strips, distressed the edges slightly with Distress Ink and then mounted them onto some black cardstock.


I added a little cross-hatching with the gold Gelly Roll pen onto the texture paste checkerboards to make them more evident.


Here you can see just a fragment of the 'Fall' stamp that I used peeking out from underneath the leaves.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek and hope that you all have a wonderful and creative week!  Talk again soon,

Deb

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous canvas Deb, the colours and textures are lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out to be worth all the time, thought, and energy. Beautiful result~

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tape on the side is a great idea; it really adds. Love the textured background. I know what you mean about selling art. I have many pieces that I'll never part with (like there is such great demand for my work! LOL!!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it turned out great Deb. I love the texture on it.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo