Friday, August 29, 2014

And The Swaps Continue

Hello everyone, where in the heck has this week disappeared to?  Friday already and the last long weekend of the summer is about to begin.  In typical fashion, it is raining and cold here .. how is it that the weather always seems to go south whenever a long weekend is about to begin?!

I received more swap goodies in the mail this week and wanted to share them with you.  The first was another TP roll album page for the photo album we are putting together, this one is from Karen.


It doesn't show up very well in the photo's but she has added so many lovely little bits of bling everywhere, the page just sparkles!  I love it Karen, thank you so much.

And I also received my altered initial this week, I don't know if you remember this swap or not but the initial I made for my swap partner can be seen in this post here.  And here is the altered initial that my swap partner, Debbie, sent to me:


It is truly beautiful and believe it or not, it is also a music box that plays 'Lara's Theme' from the movie 'Dr. Zhivago'!  The details are astounding, the more I look at it, the more I see.  Thank you so much Debbie, it is a very special piece and I will always treasure it.

I've been working away on my mystery challenge piece and it's now clear where we are going with it, it is going to be a spooky Hallowe'en castle bwa-ha-ha-ha!


The tower is made from a Pringles can and the portcullis is a bread crumb container.  I have to admit that I got carried away and covered the outside of the castle, added my windows and my door frame before I was supposed to, so I'm hoping that there will not be an intermediate step that I have now totally mucked up!  I can see that I am going to have some difficulty joining the portcullis to the tower since I've already covered both surfaces with my rock wall paper, so I'm thinking I will have to add a couple of smaller towers on each side of the portcullis to disguise where it joins the main tower.  But I got cutting and gluing and what's done is done and I'll deal with any future difficulties as they arise.  I don't think that I will get it completed before we leave on holidays so you are going to have to wait to see the finished creation until after we get back.  Sorry for the tease!

And speaking of holidays, we've got the motorhome up and running and are about to start stocking her up for our annual camping trip.  My DH's holidays don't start for a while yet but the time will fly by so it's time to get a move on.  We're heading back to one of our favourite lakes to fish and relax and are praying to the Weather Gods that we get a lot more summer before fall decides to set in.  It's not looking good right now so hopefully our pleas will be heard soon!  I'll be back to say 'bye for now' before we go and until then, happy creating my friends!

Deb

10 comments:

  1. The TP Roll Album project is the "gift that keeps on giving." My heart skips a bit every time a package arrives, even if I think I know what it is. My sister surprised me this week with a DVD I mentioned and I smiled all evening. I am sure your trades send smiles hither and yon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All lovely! Well, can you call a spooky castle "lovely?" I think so! All the projects are sooo creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That castle is amazing. You are so creative! Love the fun things in the swap...especially the doll! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the altered initial is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the altered initial, esp. since my name also begins with a "D", lol. The castle is awesome as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb - Loved seeing all your recent projects. Happy Labor Day! My heart is very sad because summer is gone - and I missed so much of it! Thank you for the well wishes on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb, you really have participated in some awesome swaps. what wonderful treasures. Love it all. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wishing you the very best weather, and I think that's coming up soon...keeping my fingers crossed.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't participated in any Swaps this year and I've missed them :( Love your goodies and the Mystery project is WONDERFUL!
    }}Hugs{{
    vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is just lovely (as expected) LOL Yes, you did get a bit ahead of yourself, but only with the outside walls and the joining...but it can be fixed easy...So go enjoy your vacation. When you come back ALL instructions will be there....
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo