Hello, hope you are all well. We've been busy canning the bounty from my FIL's garden this week; dill pickles, stewed tomatoes, bread and butter pickles, salsa ... it is going to be a very tasty winter around here! We are about to start on our last batch of salsa so thought I'd make a quick post before we get to chopping.
I finally finished up my altered bird for one of the challenges at the Mixed Media Studio. I had shown you the dirigible I'd made in this post here, but the project came to a grinding halt after that. I'm not sure why that happens, sometimes I just get stuck and either can't (or don't want to!) carry on with a project. In the end I think it comes down to a fear of failure, I have a vision in my mind of what I want to create and am afraid I won't be able to make it come to life. But in the end, you'll never know if you can do it unless you try so I finally gave myself the proverbial 'kick in the pants' and got to finishing it!
Since I had the industrial steam punk feeling going on with the dirigible, I decided to make my bird in the same theme. He is constructed of muslin painted with gesso and acrylic paints and I used some brown florists tape to make the straps for his goggles and his 'harness'.
I added some vintage 'Par Avion' stickers to the dirigible since he is indeed 'going by air'!
And I also finished the spooky tree for our Mystery Challenge, as Lisa said in a comment on a previous post, this mystery challenge is mysteriously mysterious LOL!
It's made from a wire armature coated with Sculpty clay which I then painted with acrylic paint. The next stage of the Mystery Challenge is going to be released today sometime so I'll post pics as the project progresses. Still not sure what the final construct will be but it's fun building the bits and bobs and imagining how they are all going to go together.
So that's it for now, time to get peeling and seeding tomatoes and cutting up veggies for our salsa. Have a great weekend everyone and happy creating (or canning as the case may be!).