Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Swapping Happy Mail

Good evening everyone, hope you had a lovely day.  It was a beautiful sunny day here in B.C. after a night of incredible thunder and lightening storms, what a light show!  We got a little rain and lots of wind but nothing too serious.  I love me a good thunderstorm and when they occur at night it's even more spectacular than usual.  Unfortunately The Queen is deathly afraid of thunder so she had a rough night but is back to her usual royal self today :O)

I got some wonderful happy mail today from a couple of my swap partners at the Mixed Media Studio, yipee!  I received the first of the toilet paper roll album pages that will be going into an album we are going to construct, using these swapped pages.  If you missed the toilet paper roll pages I made to send to the others in the swap, you can find them here, here and here.  The page I received today was from Jan.


It is so pretty!  Love the rolled fabric rose and all the beautiful butterfly embellishments and papers :O)  I can't wait to receive the others; there will be 8 pages in total, including one I made for myself.  Thanks so much Jan!

And the second happy mail parcel was for the cuff bracelet swap, you can see the one I made for the swap here.  My partner was Ceil and she made the most wonderful cuff for me!


Just take a look at the intricate braiding and embellishing that she did:


I adore it Ceil, thank you so much!

After I opened my lovely packages, I went back to work on the two remaining challenges that I have to complete for this quarter.  I got my altered bird base coated, so with any luck I will be able to get him painted and put together with the other elements I am using in the next couple of days.  I also finished my spooky tree for our ongoing Mystery challenge; it is constructed of Sculpty clay on a wire armature.  I tried to take a picture but the light was not cooperating this evening so I'll try again tomorrow, it is very spooky looking bwa-ha-ha-ha!  I also made a teeny tiny witches hat and a scary crow for the project ... we are waiting for the release of the next component instructions to see how this is all going to come together, it is very mysterious indeed!  I'll post pictures as it progresses, it's fun trying to figure out what the final piece is going to be!

Hope that you all have a great evening and I'll be back shortly with some more pictures as my projects progress.  Happy creating everyone!

Deb

6 comments:

  1. we had a bit of a thunder and lightning show last night too but luckily it didn't last long.
    That page for the tp roll album is really nice and I love that cuff bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are wonderful! Like the dark colors of the bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That group sure comes up with fun stuff to do. Toilet roll pages? I'm amazed. So pretty too. I think the bracelet is wonderful...lucky you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it through the thunderstorm. I really don't miss all the lightning that I use to get. Not too much of that up here. Very pretty bracelet...thanks for showing us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the summer thunderstorms Deb! Your swap goodies are wonderful and your mysterious creations sound mysteriously mysterious! Can't wait to see them! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the little butterfly on the tp page and that bracelet is really cute braided like that.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo