Friday, September 5, 2014

Halloween Fun And More Happy Mail

Hello everyone, hope this finds you well.  Thanks so much to all of you who wished better weather for us for our holidays, your positive mojo appears to be working as it is lovely and warm here today, yay!

I've been making more Hallowe'en digital collages (click here to download the freebie I made for you :O) and for this one I based it on the three witches from MacBeth.  I printed out my digital collage and mounted it onto an artists canvas and added some aged cheesecloth as a border to create my three witches Halloween mixed media canvas.


I aged the edges of the collage by tearing and curling the paper and adding copious amounts of 'Walnut Stain' Distress Ink.


The 'blood' drips were inspired by a video I watched on YouTube by Rach0113 (click here to view it, it is wonderful!) and I fussy cut the skull and the witch's hats and mounted them with pop dots for a little more dimension.


The black cat and pumpkin were also fussy cut and mounted with pop dots and did you notice the toad on the witches broom on the right?


The tombstone and bats were added using overlays from PicMonkey, love them!


And as an homage to the Shakespearean influence for this canvas, I added the famous stanza from the three witches incantation in MacBeth.

'Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.'

Act IV, Scene I
'MacBeth' by William Shakespeare

Love how it turned out.  I'm working on another Hallowen piece right now that will be a shadow box type of project; I had an old picture frame that was falling apart and it is perfect to frame a spooky Halloween vignette!

I also received a special swap parcel from another one of my Mixed Media Studio friends yesterday, this one was from Norma and in it I found her toilet paper roll album page (love the Steampunk theme!):


and her hand lettered ATC's.


I love them all Norma, thank you so much!

I have three more tp roll album pages to come yet, so hopefully they will arrive before we leave so I can show them to you all together.  It is going to be such a fun album, I can't wait to see it completed.  I will have to make front and back covers for it but will wait to see all the pages together before I decide upon a design for the cover.  And we are going to be starting on another ongoing swap here shortly, we are going to make blades for a 'Friendship Fan' that will incorporate one blade from each person participating in the swap.  Another fun and creative way to share everyone's lovely art, I can't wait to start on it but that will have to be wait until after we return from holidays.

Thanks as always for stopping by and I wish you all a creative day and a warm and lovely weekend.  Talk again soon,

Deb

2 comments:

  1. How cool! Love vintage-y type Halloween decor. Like your fun swap gifts too. Hey-- I have that bluish gear paper. Like how it was used here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, you sure make the most awesome prims, your talent amazes me. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo