Friday, October 10, 2014

A Little Halloween Vignette

Good morning everyone, hope this finds you well and ready for the weekend.  Can you believe that it is already October and that Halloween will soon be here?  This year is certainly flying by, isn't it?

I made up this little Halloween shadow box to celebrate the season, it is from a pattern by Folk*Art*By*Dee and I think it is adorable!


I'm calling it the 'Littlest Witch', just look at that face :O)


It's made using the reverse of a stretched artists canvas as a shadow box and mounting various vintage images onto fun foam for dimension.


Lots of fun to make and I love how it turned out.  It is available in my Etsy shop if you are interested in it.

I also finished up a fan blade for a Friendship Fan Blade swap that we are doing in our Mixed Media Studio group.  It should have been sent to my partner by the end of September but as we were away on holidays I just got it into the mail this week.


We will be exchanging at least five fan blades and then making up a fan with all the different blades that we receive.  We have such a talented group that I know it will be a work of art (and heart!) when it is completed.

I have also just finished up an altered tin for another swap in our group, the theme was 'spooky' and I had so much fun making it.  I will take pictures today and post them tomorrow, such fun!  And do you remember the Mystery Challenge I was working on before we left?  It is pretty much completed now and I'll snap some pictures of it today as well for you.  Still working on how and where I will stage it but it's looking darn Mysterious!

Have a lovely Friday and I'll be back tomorrow with my spooky and mysterious creations, bwa-ha-ha-ha!  Happy creating my friends!

Deb

9 comments:

  1. Love it! Clever use of canvas too-- glad you mentioned what it is. I was wondering. Pretty fan too-- I think
    I have that same paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that shadow box. It's fabulous:) Your fan blade is lovely too. It will be interesting to see what the finished fan will look like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out really neat! I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the frame with the littlest witch and put it in my favs this morning when I saw it! Enjoy your Fall crafting! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you are hard at it creating pretty goodies already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that. It turned out fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new background and header...fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you make Halloween so creative on your side of the pond. (It is getting big here in the UK now - but the decorations are all mostly horrible, commercial,garish plastic tat!) Your wee shadow box is just delightful - and the new blog look is great!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo