Thursday, October 16, 2014

Moving Along

Hello peeps, hope this finds you all well.  I've finally motivated myself to get to work on some Christmas projects and got the first one finished today.


This simple 'Merry Little Christmas' pillow or cupboard tuck is my first finish for our Old Farmhouse Gathering team's 'Brrrrr It's Cold' celebration that will be starting on Etsy on October 27th.  I don't know why but something about a red and white ticking stripe always makes me think of Christmas, so that was what I used to make this little pillow.  I used some Lesley Riley TAP to transfer the sentiment to a piece of coffee stained muslin and added some rusty jingle bells to each corner.  And you've gotta have mica flakes for Christmas, don't you?

I've got a set of 'Frosty The Snowman' hat and mittens and a trio of Christmas tree bowl fillers well on their way to being completed and I have some Santa bowl fillers traced out and ready to sew up as well.  There is also a holiday crow door hanger ready to be sewn and painted so it's all systems go for Christmas!  It's been so hard this year to move on from creating for Halloween but the time has come (actually, the time has past!) for me to get some new items into my Etsy shop.  Diane over at Lydia's Post was telling me she is already thinking of starting some Valentine's Day projects!

I also wanted to show you the fan blade that Karen sent me for the Friendship Fan Blade swap in our Mixed Media Studio group.


Isn't' it beautiful?  She finished both the front and the back of the blade and I can't decide which I like best!  Thank you so much Karen :O)  I have to get to work on the October fan blade to send to my next swap partner,  have to go peruse my paper stash and see what I'll use this month.

That's all for today my friends, I will be back with the completed Christmas projects as I get them done and I'll show you my October fan blade before I send it off as well.  Have a lovely Friday and happy creating!

Deb

4 comments:

  1. That ticking looks great-- perfect choice. Pretty colors on the fan blade! Probably will start some Val Day stuff this weekend if I have the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little pillow. The red striped ticking is great for a Christmas project.
    That fan blade is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pillow, Deb I've started on some christmas stitching too!
    Happy weekend!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas??????????Lol. yeah it will be here before we know it.

    beautiful lil tuck girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo