Saturday, October 18, 2014

Three Down ...

Happy Saturday everyone! Hope this finds you all well and enjoying the weekend.  I've been sewing and staining like a mad woman around here this week and now have completed three of my four new Christmas items for our upcoming Old Farmhouse Gathering celebration, 'Brrrrr It's Cold!'.  The celebration will be starting on Etsy on October 27th.

My first finish was the ticking stripe Christmas pillow that I showed you in my last blog post and I have now also finished up two sets of bowl fillers.


These 'Frosty's Top Hat and Mittens' bowl fillers are from a pattern by Tennessee Ridge Primitives (love Becky's patterns!);


and the 'Christmas Tree' bowl fillers are my own design.  I've made these before but this time I used some glitter glue for the 'ornaments' on the trees; love the juxtaposition of the sparkle with the rustic painted and aged trees.  I also changed up the hang tag and used a cute Christmas stamp from Hampton Art, the tree image is made using the words to the Christmas carol 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas'.

So I have one more new item to make for the OFG celebration, I think I am going to make a door hanger from another Tennessee Ridge Primitives pattern although I have an idea for some Santa ornies whirling around in my head that are begging to get out!  Perhaps I will make both and then I will have a 'spare' in case one of my listings sells during the celebration (she says hopefully!).

As I waited for paint and glitter glue to dry, I finished up a set of hang tags for the October 'I Dare You' challenge over at the Mixed Media Studio.  This month we were challenged to make something using buttons and so I made these button snowmen Christmas hang tags:


I had the blue backgrounds on these tags already so just embellished them with some embossing, stamps, punched snowflakes and, of course, the button snowmen.  I used some blue wool for their scarves and drew on their arms (and the skates on the littlest snowman on the 'Skate' tag) with markers.  Added some white and blue fibers as a finishing touch and there you go.  Hmmmm, maybe I could add these to my 'spares' for the Old Farmhouse Gathering celebration, they certainly fulfill the theme of 'Brrrrr It's Cold!' :O)

Off to finish sewing the door hanger and to draw up a pattern for my Santa ornament idea, the little devils are clamoring to get out!  Have a fun and creative weekend everyone,

Deb

5 comments:

  1. Busy, busy!! Everything looks great! Those button snowman tags are too clever and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pretty tags made with buttons! I'm so ready for Christmas crafting and decorating! Happy Sunday! Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE everything you make and all of these are wonderful. Those mittens and top hat are great and I love the Christmas trees with the glittery details. Those tags are wonderful with the button snowmen too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creations - especially your bowl fillers. What a great idea they are, and how lovely they look!
    I also love the new blog header - so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Fun Deb! Love those trees with the colorful swirls. Your tags are fabulous!
    Enjoy your week,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo