Sunday, November 2, 2014

Falling Back

Hey-ho friends, happy Sunday to you all!  Did you remember to set your clocks back last night?  I always love the 'fall back' time change since we get an extra hour of shut eye, not such a big fan of the 'spring forward' part of that equation :O)  And it seems that the clocks are not the only thing falling back around here, I've been falling back (or perhaps falling down!) in making posts here on the blog.  In my defense, I just spent a wonderful week away, visiting with my Mom and Dad; we had a great visit and I got to see my brother and his family and my Aunt as well which was an added bonus.  So I'll be traveling back in time in this post, getting you caught up on what I was up to before I headed out on my little mini vacay.

While I was away, our Old Farmhouse Gathering team's 'Brrrr! It's Cold' celebration started on Etsy:


I've taken a look at what my team mates have created for the celebration and as always everyone has outdone themselves!  If you want to get a head start on your Christmas shopping, click here to find lots of winter and Christmas items for giving (or getting!) or search BICOFG on Etsy.

As I had already finished the four new items I made for the 'Brrrr! It's Cold' celebration, I had some time before I left to make up a couple of new Christmas ornaments to list in my Etsy shop as well.  The first was a little 'Jingle Angel' ornament:


She has tiny little jingle bells haloing her head, heart buttons and a candy cane in her pocket embellished with glitter.  Her wings are made from heavy weight cardstock that are also accented with glitter.

The second ornament I made was a Santa Claus ornament, I love his frayed muslin beard, hair and mustache!


He has a pinch stitched nose, hand painted features and he's been dusted with a generous coating of real German glass glitter to shine in the lights of the Christmas tree.  Both of them are available in my Etsy shop if you are interested.

I also finished up two ATC's for our Mixed Media Studio group, the theme this month was 'Magazine Clippings' which I found to be rather challenging; a collage artist I am not!  So hopefully these two will fill the bill for our swap.


I am now working on an altered shoe for another one of our group challenges as well as waiting on a pattern so I can get to work on a 'What Do You See' swap.  We are supplied with a pattern for an amorphous shape that we are to make into a doll or ornament for our swap partners and what we send will depend upon what we see in the pattern shape.  The only rule is that we can't alter the pattern ... this should be interesting!  We have other swaps and challenges in the works as well so I will post pictures as I work my way through them.

So that's it for now, think I've managed to catch up with everything I'd let 'fall back' while I was away.  I'm slowing making my way around to your blogs, everyone has been very busy posting away, I had over 200 new blog posts to read on my Bloglovin reading list!  I promise to visit you all soon and will be back here too when I've some new makes to share.  Have a great week everyone and happy creating!

Deb

11 comments:

  1. oh so sweet, the bells, oh thats so cute, beautiful ornaments, Christmas will here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice projects! Of course, I'm partial to the ATCs! It is hard to keep up with blog reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great ornies, love the snowman. glad you had a great time with Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say how beautiful the ATC's are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ornaments and ATC cards.
    I feel the same way about the time change, fall I don't mind but I hate losing that hour in the spring. Personally I would prefer we just stop doing it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb, it always messes up my internal clock when the time changes, esp. in the Spring. Sounds like a wonderful visit you had with your family. Wonderful items for your etsy shop. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!...you are very talented!...lots of very cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cool projects! I just adore that Santa Clause.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Deb, it's good to see how busy you have been. I'm happy to know that you spent some great time with your family.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so ahead of the game with your sweet ornaments. Love the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful ornies Deb!
    Looks and sounds like your a very busy gal!
    So glad to hear that you had a wonderful visit with your family!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo