Saturday, November 29, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom!

Hello everyone, hope your weekend is off to a good start.  It's turned very cold here, the Arctic front they were predicting has arrived in spades and it is looking and feeling very wintery.  But there is one special thing keeping my heart warm today and that is the love I am feeling for my Mom as she celebrates her special day; Happy Birthday Mom!


We are separated by the miles today but she knows that I wish her every happiness in the world.  We are so blessed to have her in our lives; she is unfailingly loving and supportive, caring and nurturing and the world's best wife, Mom and Nana.  We love you Mom!

I made a wee birthday gift for her and as Christmas is just around the corner I had that in mind as I created it for her.  I found this wonderful idea for a Christmas gift list made from playing cards on Kristin Wilson's blog (click here to see her original handmade gift list) and while I didn't have any of the beautiful Graphics 45 papers that Kristin used, I think this one turned out pretty cute.



I used a variety of images from my stash, the background papers on all the cards were cut from some vintage ephemera scrapbook paper by Vectoria Designs.  On the front cover pictured above is a Santa tag from a Crafty Secrets Retro Christmas CD and I added some of my favorite Tim Holtz embellishments; a mirrored star, a fragment charm and some red and white paper string plus some silvery Stickles glue for a little sparkle.


 Onto the split ring holding all the playing card pages together, I added some of my hoarded treasured Tim Holtz charms and attached them with a wire pin.  There is an Adornments snowflake, an Adornments ice skate (LOVE!) and an adorable merry & bright tidings token.  I also tied on some snippets of ribbon in Christmas colours of red, green and white.

The inside pages have a gift list for noting names and gift ideas on the right side and a little pocket for stashing receipts or secret notes on the left.


I made the gift list on the computer and the images on the pages came from a variety of sources including Crafty Secrets, The Graphics Fairy, Knick of Time and Paulo Viveiros.


There are eight pages in total and the beauty of this gift list is that you can add more pages if you need them, just add another embellished playing card :O)


This Christmas printable from Funky Polka Dot Giraffe seemed to be the perfect sentiment for the back cover of the gift list, so I shrunk it down to the right size and added another fragment charm and some more paper string and silver Stickles glue.  The organza ribbon was added to the back cover as well so the all the pages could be tied together so Mom can stash it in her purse or pocket.  Mom called to say that she loves it, so I am thrilled with how it turned out :O)


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely weekend where ever you may be.  Make sure to give all your loved ones a big hug today and once again Mom, have a wonderful and magical birthday, love you! xoxoxoxoxo

Deb

6 comments:

  1. Sensational! Love it! And birthday wishes to your mother too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this. Such a wonderful gift and even better because it was hand made by you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I forgot to say Happy Birthday to your mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Telly your mom Happy Birthday!!! I love your creations! Handmade gifts are the best! hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very happy belated birthday to your Mom. No wonder she loves that beautiful and thoughtful gift you created especially for her! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool. These are a fabulous idea! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo