Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Last Challenge Of 2014

My gosh, can you believe that it is the last day of 2014?!  Where or where has this year gone, it seems like just yesterday I was wishing you all a happy New Year.  Funny 'ol thing time, it either flies or it crawls by, wish it would occassionally just kind of saunter LOL!

As I mentioned yesterday, I had one more challenge to complete for our Mixed Media Studio's 4th quarter.  We were challenged to make a 'Winter Frost' doll and originally, I was going to make a traditional cloth stuffed doll.  But then I decided to embrace what our group is all about, mixed media, and so without further ado here is my take on the challenge.


I started out with a vintage glass milk bottle and filled it to the brim with clear glass pebbles.


I then adhered a variety of snowflake stickers (gotta love the Dollar Store!) and tied on a bow made with some tinsel stems.


I made her head from a wooden ball that I painted with white paint.  I then drew on her features with some scrapbooking paint pens and added some Buffalo snow for her hair.  The snowflakes around her face were punched from white cardstock and embellished with silver Stickles and her headband is a piece of feathery silver yarn.


I love how she turned out, she isn't a 'doll' in the conventional sense of that word but I feel she embodies what mixed media is about.  Something old, something new, materials combined in unexpected and unusual ways ... she is everything I adore about this new passion of mine.


I think she is a fitting end to our year of creativity at the Mixed Media Studio and I am so looking forward to what we will learn and see and do in the New Year!

The Alpha Stamps' kit giveaways are continuing today on their blog, only two more chances to win folks!  The kit today is called 'Time Traveler's Memories' and it's full of lovely, romantic papers, flowers and some adorable resin baby dolls.  Click here to head on over to view the kit and enter or click the button below and as always, good luck everyone!


I hope that you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve, it will be a quiet one here as neither my DH or I are much into partying so we will ring in 2015 with our pups and a glass of our favourite beverage (that is assuming we can make it to midnight LOL!).  Have a safe and happy celebration how ever you decide to celebrate and I will see you again next year (don't you love being able to say that?!).  Here's to a joyful and healthy New Year filled with love and hope,

Deb

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow Deb! I love your doll and I think you surpassed the brief as she is awesome! You are so creative!
    Wishing you all every blessing in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi deb! I'm glad I came back today. I like your doll. The transparency of the bottle and of the pebbles goes very well with the white or her face and with her silver arms. I can't really explain why but she reminds me of a classy lady right from the 30s.
    Take good care of yourself and of your loved ones.
    Arlette

    ReplyDelete
  3. We share the same thoughts on where did 2014 go?! Cute "frosty" doll. Clever of you to really dive into mixed media! Happy 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a joyful and healthy Happy New Year to you Deb! I hope 2015 brings many wonderful things your way, and that is a year you can look back on with fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that doll is adorable. How clever you are.
    Wishing you a very Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is super adorable. Yep i agree, gotta love dollar store.

    happy new year friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! I have been trying to post a comment several times but have been unable to do it. But I am glad they sorted out the issue in the new year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those turned out really nice! Good job! Happy New Year to you and your family too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo