Sunday, December 7, 2014

Twelve Days Of Christmas Tags Day Seven

Happy Sunday everyone, can you believe that it is December 7th already?!  In less than three weeks the big day will be here and as usual I am no where near ready.  But what gets done will get done and the rest won't matter, since no one but me will know what else I was planning on doing, right?!  :O)

It's day seven of my Twelve Days Of Christmas Tags giveaway and if you have missed the first six tags that I've created for you, here are the links so you can go and download them:


Today's tag is a very simple monochromatic tag and, other than the background from Sweetly Scrapped, it was created entirely on PicMonkey.  They have so many wonderful overlay images that you can easily create a beautiful tag or card without using anything else.  There are two tag images for you to download, a PNG image that you can resize as you need for your projects and a printable sheet of JPG images, sized to print out on an 8 1/2" x 11" (A4) piece of cardstock.

  
 PNG image
Click on the image above or click here to download the .png image from Google drive.

 JPG image
Click on the image above or click here to download the .jpg hang tag sheet from Google Drive.

If you'd like to share the fun with your blog followers, here is a button for you to post on your blog.



Just save the HTML code below the button image above and paste it into a HTML gadget on your blog.

I've been making a small Christmas gift a week as part of a challenge we are having in our Mixed Media Studio group and this week I started out to make some angel  'snowglobes' based on Nancy Maxwell James' tutorial (click here to see it).  I found some adorable boy and girl angel images on The Graphics Fairy, resized, printed, and fussy cut them and then mounted them on some clear glass pebbles.  Unfortunately, when I resized them I had made them too small for the mason jars I was planning on putting them in and the poor little dears looked quite lost.  I hunted high and low for smaller jars to use but couldn't find anything suitable.  Not wanting to lose all the work I'd already put into them, I put on my thinking cap and came up with this.


I painted a couple of recycled Gem sized canning jar lids to cover up the writing on them and then covered the bottom of the lids with some felt.  I tipped a couple of Tim Holtz bottle brush trees with pink German glass glitter and glued some faux mercury glass beads and gold baubles from an old Christmas pick onto them.  I glued the tree and the angels onto the canning jar lid and then mixed some fake snow (from the $1.00 store) with white glue and mounded it around the  tree and the angels to cover the entire lid.  I then drizzled on a bit of Glossy Accents glue and sprinkled some clear fine German glass glitter over the fake snow.  I'm tickled pink (pun intended :O) with how they turned out and am now very glad I made these adorable little angels the wrong size for the mason jars.  If I hadn't, I would never have come up with this idea and I think they turned out so darn cute!

Thanks for stopping by again today and make sure that you come back for the next 5 days to get the rest of my Twelve Days Of Christmas hang tags.  Hope to see you tomorrow and remember:


Deb

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so with you on "What gets done gets done and only I will know." Otherwise I get so overwhelmed that nothing will get done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant tag! And very cute trees! Sometimes a mistake, etc. actually turns out for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel bad. I'm not even close to being ready for Christmas either. Like you though, I've adopted the attitude if it gets done it gets done and if it doesn't it doesn't. Not much point in stressing over it :)
    Love today's tag and your angels with the bottle brush trees are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your digital tags...so vintage yummy, and your trees are wonderful as well! Thanks so much for the recent visit as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely trees! Love how you came up with the fun idea for displaying your angels
    Beautiful tag!
    Thanks for sharing Deb!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo