Monday, January 12, 2015

Victorian Valentine ATC's

Good day all, hope this finds you well.  I've been working on an ATC swap for our Mixed Media Studio group and got them completed yesterday.  The theme for this first ATC swap of 2015 was 'Victorian Valentine' and we were to use the colours of pink, red and beige (or any off-white colour).  Here are the two ATC's that I made.


This first ATC I am calling 'Love Is In The Air' and the Victorian image I used was one I found on Vintage Images Gallery (I just discovered this site and am wondering how in the heck I missed it before now, it is loaded with wonderful free vintage images!).  I digitally added the floral heart frame (from Wings Of Whimsy) around the little cherub and then fussy cut it.  The Victorian image is backed with multiple layers of vintage ledger paper, patterned scrapbook paper, vintage sheet music and a tea stained paper doily.  I coloured a piece of lace with distress ink and added it to the top edge of the ATC and then layered some hand cut hearts to the top and bottom edges.   The hearts each have a wee dot of red glitter glue in their centers.  The 'Love is in the air' ticket tucked under the ledger paper is from a Valentine ticket freebie by Miss Cutie Pie and to finish the ATC off, I added a pink ribbon rose, some small 'pearl' embellishments and a couple of red heart buttons.


The second ATC is called 'Fishing For Love' and the central image is from a Victorian Valentine postcard courtesy of Wings Of Whimsy.  I fussy cut the little fishing cupid out and then added a piece of button thread to the end of his arrow 'fishing pole' and adhered a faceted red heart to the other end of the thread.  The background of the ATC was painted with 'Tattered Rose' distress paint, another fragment of the tea stained paper doily and a piece of red ribbon was added along the top edge.  I created the LOVE banner from some snippets of vintage ledger paper that I stamped, and I then strung them onto another piece of the button thread.   Some more of the hand cut hearts made their way onto this ATC, along with some clear iridescent heart confetti.  The HUGS ticket was created using a blank ticket image from Vectoria Designs and on the other side of the ticket it has KISSES :O)  The ticket is held in place with a key shaped paper clip that I got at Michaels.

So there is my first swap of the year for our Mixed Media Studio completed and ready to go.  Not sure who my swap partner will be yet, but hopefully they will like these ATC's.  I am working on the January fan blade for our Friendship Fan Blade swap today and I also have to roll up some paper beads and make something interesting from them for January's 'I Dare You' challenge; now that should BE interesting LOL!  I've never actually made paper beads so this might indeed be a challenge!  I'll be back in a day or two to show you what I've made, thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

Deb

8 comments:

  1. Very nice!! Like the "olde tyme" images. I had a paper bead kit when I was a kid-- my daughter has one now. We made a bunch a couple years ago and she made some pretty darn nice bracelets. ou can make some interesting beads from magazine pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This are both adorable. I love how you did the fishing one. Now I'm going to check out the vintage images gallery. thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards, hard to choose a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Deb - and you'll love making the paper beads - it's great fun.x

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo