Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Button, Button, Who's Got The Button

Hello everyone, it's hump day again already and the month of February is winding down.  How in the heck did that happen?!  As usual, time is flying by and I'm running to try and keep up with it.  I did get the button ATC's completed that I was working on for one of our Mixed Media Studio swaps and I've got the background of my February tag for Tim Holtz's 12 tags of 2015 finished so come on in and take a peek.

The theme this month at the Mixed Media Studio for our ATC swap was 'Button, Buttons, Buttons'.  At first I was going to do a couple of sewing themed ATC's but we already did a sewing ATC swap a couple of years ago, so thought better of it.  I did a little brainstorming and here is what I came up with.

For the first ATC, I found an image on Google where someone was selling vintage buttons by sewing them onto a vintage bingo card.  That twigged an idea, so here is button ATC number one.


The bingo card image was one I had in my stash from Call Me Victorian, so I resized it to fit on the ATC backing and sewed on some multi-colored buttons for Button Bingo!  Simple but fun and I hope that my swap partner will like it.

For the second ATC,  I came across this vintage button card over on Bumble Button's blog.


 Initially I was just going to sew 6 buttons on that were all the same but that seemed a bit boring, so I dug out a bright red button to add to the mix.  I added the 'be unique' sentiment with some alphabet stickers and there was ATC number two completed.

And although time is rapidly running out, I have been working on my February tag to link up with Tim Holtz's 12 tags of 2015 challenge and I'm just about done.  I'm waiting for some E6000 glue to dry before I can take final pictures so thought I'd share a picture of the tag's background with you as a teaser :O)  This month Tim showcased a collage style background for his tag and here is the collaged background that I made for mine.


I have to tell you I was hard pressed to cover it up, I LOVE how it turned out!  I'm not much of a collage artist, it quite intimidates me to be honest, so when this was my final result I was very happy.  I used images from Vectoria Designs, Big Brown Dog, Lia Griffith and The Graphics Fairy plus some scrapbook paper bits and bobs.  Can't wait to show you the finished tag, it will be ready for pictures tomorrow hopefully so I'll be back soon to show it to you.

Thanks as always for stopping by and have a lovely evening.  Happy creating,

Deb


12 comments:

  1. Love your work Deb! These are all so clever and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your TH background is wonderful-- I wouldn't want to cover it up either. Just to be nosey-- what size is it? Love the ATCs too. The "Be unique" one is really clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent you an email but will answer here too Diane in case anyone else is wondering. I'm using #8 tags (6 1/4" x 3 1/8") for Tim's tags so I have lots of room to play!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous ATC's Deb, love that bingo board! Your Tim background looks amazing, I can't wait to see the final product! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an interesting idea for using vintage buttons. Turned out really nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Button ATC'S. I forgot all about them, so this month I won't be in the swap. :(
    Love that Tag too.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both of your ATC's and love the be unique. If the back of that tag looks that good I can't wait to see the front of it. That looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them lots! Great ideas, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you seem to be a fine collage artist to me!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo