Thursday, February 26, 2015

February Tim Tag

Hello everyone, hope this finds you well.  I finally finished my February tag for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags Of 2015 challenge (click here for a link to Tim's February tag and his full tutorial) and here is my interpretation.


I won't bore you with all the steps I took to make my tag, you will learn much more from the master himself by reading Tim's tutorial, but I did try to remain pretty true to his February tag.  Although I didn't have all of the bits and bobs he included on his, I was able to make some reasonable facsimile substitutions.  I did make sure to incorporate the two main elements of Tim's February tag, a collage background (see my background here) and sewn elements, into my tag and am very pleased with how it turned out.

I don't usually have a background story in mind when I start my creations but as I gathered my collage elements a story of two star-crossed lovers, separated by the war, started to emerge.


She was a seamstress, working in a haute couture design house in Paris when the war broke out.


He was a dashing Belgian officer, bravely defending his country.  Separated by war, they sent each other talismans of their love across the miles.  He sent her a hand from his pocket watch and attached the key to his heart to it with a small piece of rusty wire.


She embroidered a heart from snippets of wool and sent it to him with a fragment of lace from the hem of her petticoat.  I would like to think that this tag was created by one of their grandchildren, commemorating their love for each other that survived the war and flourished during the years that followed.


Thanks so much to Tim Holtz for his continuing inspiration and I can't wait to see what the March tag has in store for us all!  Thanks to you as well for stopping by and have a wonderful day.  Happy creating everyone!

Deb

27 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and a wonderful story you've created to go with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Love it! Nice story too-- you're very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tag, great idea to include the story.
    Thanks for the visit.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Angela and glad you enjoyed the story :O)

      Delete
  4. Aaaah (sigh), the Romance!! Love all those little elements!Love this tag.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one! So creative and what a great little story to go with it.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story makes this piece extra special.Delightful, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Deb!! Love love love your little layered heart and the frame behind it!! What a fabulous version of Tim's tag!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me hanging with your love story...there needs to be a movie! LOL! GORGEOUS tag, just striking! LOVE the sewn heart and knots! Just fab all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well thank you Anita I am so glad that you enjoyed the tag and the story :O)

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh, Iove the love story behind this tag...you had me reeled in reading each word. What a wonderful idea to create something with such a story behind it.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your story is fantastic to read and makes your tag come to life. Love your little stitched heart and the clock hand from the Officers pocket watch. So much inspiration.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love that felty heart and the quilted look of you your beautiful tag!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super take on the original!! Love the way you did the double heart, really looks so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your use of fabric on this tag! The textures are fabulous, Deb. It's really a thing of beautyxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deb, what a masterpiece! both the story, which almost requires a tissue and the genius use of petticoat scrap!!!! and the clock hand as trinkets the lovers exchanged--tokens of their love! I am totally in love with this entire package! You have really outdone yourself (and Tim, too!!) LOVE it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Sara and glad that you liked both the tag and the story :O)

      Delete
  15. This is sunning, Deb! Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful tag! Love the felt layered heart!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful tag and a wonderful interpretation of Tim's version, it's absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment Emma and for visiting!

      Delete
  18. Such a beautiful story and tag to depict it - love it!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo