Monday, February 16, 2015

Spring Celebration

Hello everyone!  Hope you survived Valentine's Day without adding too many inches to your waist lines :O)  My dear hubby bought me a beautiful calorie free bouquet of flowers so I made it through relatively unscathed.  I say relatively because I did buy him some V-Day chocolates and somehow a couple of them made it into (and onto!) my tummy!

I know that back East it's been looking and feeling anything but Spring-like, but in anticipation of that much anticipated time of the year our Old Farmhouse Gathering team on Etsy is planning it's next team celebration and this Spring's theme will be 'Colors Of Spring'.  I've been down in my studio working away on some new makes and so far have two completed.

The first is a hanging heart ornament for Mom, Mother's Day will be here before we know it and the images on this heart certainly bring thoughts of Spring to my mind.


The swallow images are courtesy of The Graphics Fairy:


and the forget-me-knot bouquet is from Far Far Hill:


I used Lesley Riley TAP to transfer the images and love the aged, lost and found look of the transfers due to the uneven texture of the unbleached cotton muslin.


My next new make isn't especially 'Springy' but the yellow colour feels sunshiney at least!


This little rustic oval pinkeep was made from the base of a paper mache 'pantry box' that I colored with distress stains and acrylic paint.


I cut a piece of script scrapbooking paper with decorative edged scissors and glued it onto the bottom, then overlaid that with a piece of yellow stitched grosgrain ribbon.


I made a bow from the same ribbon and topped it with a vintage button and then added some rick rack along the top edge of the box.


I stuffed the brown swirled cotton fabric with some crushed walnut shells and fiber fill to help keep your pins and needles sharp each time you put them into the pincushion.

The Colors of Spring celebration will start on February 23rd on Etsy and will run through to March 8th.  Search COSOFG on Etsy during those dates to find hundreds of items from my talented teamies!  I have two more items in the works that I'll share with you in the next few days and everything will be available in my Etsy shop as soon as the celebration gets underway on the 23rd.

Thanks so much for stopping by and remember to think Spring, it's getting closer every day, yay!  Happy creating everyone,

Deb

12 comments:

  1. Did you change up your blog, it looks so fresh and springlike...beautiful.

    That pin cushion is to darling...and I love the transfer. I made pillows one time with my photos on them...loved that idea.

    Spring is trying, it's colder but the snow is melting fast...glee!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new blog look too! Really nice projects! The fabric transfers turned out great! We are halfway through Feb... Let's all hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. both are simply adorable but I really like the heart ornie.

    did hubby like his cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely spring look to your blog Deb. Love those swallows heralding summer- now I want to draw some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like a breath of fresh air, Deb! I especially love the Mother heart hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful pin cushion Deb, and it does feel sun shiny! Your heart is amazing, wow! Love the birds and flowers, fabulous job and gorgeous project! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do such a great job with the graphics. I love the heart and the little pincushion is precious. Enjoy your week sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are great. I love how the transferred images look on the first project and the pinkeep is adorable. Your blog is looks rather springy too. I like the look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creations! Love the colors on the pin keep!
    Looking forward to the celebration to see all the new items!
    Enjoy your day,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delightful heart - the image transfers look wonderful, and the pin cushion is really cute.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo