Friday, February 20, 2015

Spring Chicken!

Hello, hope you have all had a good week.  It's been busy here, making new items for my Etsy shop, working on some swaps for our Mixed Media Studio group and then also dealing with the category change fiasco over on Etsy (don't ask if you don't have an Etsy shop, suffice to say it is a mess!).

Any who, my last item for the Old Farmhouse Gathering team's 'Colors of Spring' celebration is now completed and here she is:


A little hand appliqued Spring chicken ornament, ain't she sweet?  I made her from muslin that I aged with my coffee aging mixture then hand appliqued some felt flowers and leaves to both sides using a blanket stitch.


I just used a couple of pieces of jute twine for her legs, I love them!


As you can see she is a long legged chicken, must have a little roadrunner in her somewhere ;O)


I appliqued flowers to both sides so that no matter where you hang her she'll look 'purty'.

So now onto completing my swaps for the Mixed Media Studio; I have a spirit doll just about ready to go and a couple of button ATC's and the March banner will all be in the mail by Monday.  I'll post pictures soon so you can see what I've been up to.

Have a great weekend everyone and don't forget that on Monday, February 23rd the OFG 'Colors Of Spring' celebration will kick off on Etsy.  There will be lots of wonderful new creations from the team, I'll post the link for you as soon as everyone's listings go live.  Talk again soon and happy creating!

Deb

18 comments:

  1. I don't think I have much in common with a spring chicken anymore! Very cute! Really like the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I love this little missy hen, well chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and I love the twine legs.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project! Love the twine legs, very creative! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's wonderful - with a great American Primitive feel - fab!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a pretty chicken and all regaled in her finest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chickie is folk-tacular Deb! That catagory update on etsy is yucky for sure. They put a lot of prim dolls under 'TOYS'. But if you want a placemat there is an intricate catagory map! LOL! Have a great wkend ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. the prettiest chicken in the barnyard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your spring chicken. At first it looked like it was made of wool until you mentioned muslin and showed the close up. Now all we need is spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute:) The legs crack me up...ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little Spring Chicken is adorable.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Deb, love your little chicken but maybe she could do with a little boy friend?
    Thanks for the visit.
    Have a great week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Angela, she's a Spring chicken so she's keeping her options open and playing the 'coop' ;O)

      Delete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo