Friday, March 13, 2015

In Flight

Happy Friday the 13th ... again!  Didn't we just have a Friday the 13th last month?  It seems to be highly unusual to have two in a row, although I am sure there is a very smart mathematician out there who will tell me I am wrong LOL!

After all the colourful projects I've been working on lately, I had to go back to my tried and true colour palette for a wee break :O)  It felt so good to get back to all these lovely blues and browns LOL!  My first project was a hang tag to link up with Dragons Dream Tag It On Challenge #186 - 'White and a number'.  I spied the lovely swallow from Tim Holtz's 'Bird Feather' stamp set and decided to make this tag:


I grabbed a mop up tag from my stash and overstamped it using the Dyan Reaveley Dylusions Alphabet Border stencil with some 'Old Paper' distress paint.  I used the alphabet on one side of the tag and the numbers from the same stencil on the other and then added some 'clouds' to the top using a $1 store stencil and Wendy Vecchi Crackle texture paste.


I stamped the swallow onto some cardstock with Jet Black Archival ink and clear embossed it, then colored it here and there with some scrapbooking pens.  The swallow was fussy cut and mounted on pop dots onto the tag.


The 'In flight..' sentiment (from a Tattered Angels 'Nature In Flight' stamp set) was stamped on some tissue paper and then mod-podged over top of the crackled clouds.  I added a wire pin and a number 3 brad (both Tim Holtz Idea-ology) to the crinkle ribbon that I coloured with some Salty Ocean and Broken China Distress ink.

Simple but effective, I do love that swallow stamp!  And since this tag has a bird on it, I am also going to link it up with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge 'B is for ...' (in this case, a bird :O).

I then made an accordian storage box to keep all of my Christmas cards organized that I am making along with the Jingle Belles.  I used a tutorial that I found on YouTube by The Paper Boutique and it was quick and easy to do.  I used some Christmas scrapbooking paper that I had in my stash (Homemade Holiday by Craft Smith), don't you love that lovely kraft print paper?


Now all my Christmas cards that I make over the course of the coming year will have a home where they will be safe and sound until they hit the mail in December!


Hope that you have a great weekend and that Spring is starting to make an appearance wherever you may be (unless of course you are on the other side of the equator, where I hope Fall is NOT making an appearance for you quite yet!).  Thanks as always for stopping by and happy creating!

Deb

22 comments:

  1. Gosh your are getting so organised. Your swallow is so beautifully coloured, lovely tag.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful tag! I love your background and the gorgeous swallow too. Thank You for dreaming with the Dragons and sharing your lovely art work with us. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie Ann and thanks for a great prompt at Dragons Dream TIO!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous projects! Love the beautiful blue tag! The bird looks amazing! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a beautiful tag. I love it. Love your organiser too. What a great project! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this my favourite palette for your work too. The swallow tag is delightful.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the swallow tag! Gorgeous colors! Congrats on your Pinworthy at AVJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sara and oh my gosh, thanks for letting me know about my pinworthy at AVJ!! I am honored beyond words, can't wipe the smile off my face LOL!

      Delete
  7. Great swallow tag. I've always loved blue so the colors are perfect. I just recently started using tissue paper in my crafts and never realized how awesome it was.
    I love that box and the scrapbook paper you used is great. Your cards will be storing in style :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous tag Deb, I love the blues and your swooping bird! Great idea for a place to hold your Christmas cards, I just use a silly shoe box! Might check it out! happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tag Deb! The background is so cool. Looks a bit like the bird is flying over the ocean. Love the mix and blend of color. Awesome accordion file too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooo much went into creating this beautiful tag! I really don't think you could ever make anything un-awsome (is that a word?) Have a great weekend Deb! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! LOVE the bird and color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! Love the pretty tag! And the box is amazing! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! And thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandra and I truly love your bookmark that you made for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge, it is wonderful!

      Delete
  13. I love the pretty blues and bird. And what a great way to store the Christmas cards you make over the year. I wouldn't be able to give them away though. Enjoy your day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a wonderful tag Deb and you have used all those products so well together. thanks for joining in with Dragons Dream tag It On challenge this time
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty. I love the color of the swallow. So springy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your tag! It's a brilliant take on my theme. Thank you for joining in with us at DDTIO this time. Sorry I'm so late commenting this time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's really a beautiful tag, love the bird. Thanks for joining us at Dragons Dream Tag It On and so sorry that I'm late commenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Silvia and please don't apologize for the timing of your comment, I appreciate you visiting very much! Thanks for a fun challenge at DDTIO.

      Delete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo