Sunday, March 8, 2015

Tim Tag Mini Album

Hello everyone, hope you all survived the clocks springing ahead by an hour; I don't mind the fall back time change but the spring forward always sends me for a loop!

I've been working on the tag album I made to store my 12 tags of 2015 that I am making as I follow along with Tim Holtz (click here to see my tag album in it's 'unadorned' state that was inspired by the album made by Astrid MacLean).  I have the cover and January and February completed so far and although Tim just posted his March tag, I haven't gotten around to making it yet so I haven't done the March page in my tag album.  Hopefully I will be able to get to it this week.  Here is the front cover:


I used Tim Holtz's 'Crowded Attic' paper stash to cover the front and for the belly band.  Lots of Tim Holtz Idea-ology goodies were used to embellish the cover along with some newsprint flowers by Recollection that have some Prima 'Tiny Junkyard Findings' screw heads in their centers.  I already had to 'embrace imperfection' with the remnant rub under the fragment charm as half of it wouldn't come off of the backing, so I had to write in the word with a pen LOL!


The inside cover has more TH treasures; remnant rubs, salvage stickers and some stamps from a couple of his Stampers Anonymous Clear Stamps sets.  Since Tim hasn't made a logo for the '12 Tags Of 2015' yet, I copied the January logo onto some cardstock and cut off the 'January' part and jury rigged it together.  I will most probably cover this one up with the 'official' 12 Tags Of 2015 logo when it comes out at the end of the year.


For the January page front, I made some digital scrapbook paper on the computer using overlays by Kimeric Creations and Mommyish and then stamped the 'January' onto another fragment of scrapbook paper.  The snowflakes were found in the $1 store and the words on the left side were typed on the computer and cut out.  The 'Happy New Year' was created with some Recollections Alphabet stickers and I edged the page with 'Salty Ocean' distress ink to coordinate with the paper.


Here's the February page front with the February tag peeking out of the pocket.  The background paper on the page front is another piece of digital scrapbook paper (think it was originally from Shabby Miss Jen and I altered the color?) and I overstamped it with some heart stamps from my stash.  The 'February' was stamped onto another fragment of scrapbook paper and the words on the right were created as for the January page.  The swirl under February was another $1 store sticker find as were the cherubs (the cherubs are actually confetti!).  Be Mine was created with some TH Label Letters and the glittery foam heart is one I received from one of my Mixed Media Studio buddies.  I edged it with some 'Walnut Stain' distress ink to age it a bit and I edged the whole page with 'Picked Raspberries' DI.

So that's as far as I've gotten so far, I'll update you now and again throughout the year as I get the pages completed.  Thanks as always for stopping by and happy creating everyone!

Deb

Products used in this project:

13 comments:

  1. Oh boy! How neat! I decided to make an album too and planned on showing it tomorrow on my blog. I dunno... Will pale next to yours! Hope Tim views yours-- really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun Deb! Love Tim Holz - what a creative soul - love his vintage style! Losing the hour always throws me too - and there's been a full moon! Have a great week ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Deb!! I've been wanting to put together something like this for my own tags, you have really inspired me to get on top of it!! Can't wait to see the next one! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb, your creations are always so awesome, I love them. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, all of it is just fabulous. I've found that the dollar stores can be a great source of craft supplies especially if you use your imagination and use things in ways that they weren't intended....lol
    The time change has taken a toll on me. I have been dragging since yesterday morning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb, great idea must give it a go. I had to think for the moment when you mentioned the clocks as we don't change them here yet. Have a great week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! And we used to be on the same time change schedule as you are in the UK, but a few years back the Canadian government decided in their infinite wisdom to change us to the same time change schedule as the U.S. Just wish they'd get rid of the dang thing entirely, it's rather silly when you think about it LOL! Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful, Deb. Looking forward to your updates on this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I love the CREATE cover....just perfect! You know just how to arrange things to look artsy! What a fun project! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to create yourself a Tim tag storage album. Love the pages you've done so far, and the cover is just fab!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! I would never have thought of doing this! Such a neat way to store those tags we work so hard on. You have inspired me to have a go at this. Awesome and amazeballs! Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Niki, I was inspired by the tag album Astrid made for her Tim tag's, mine pales in comparison to hers LOL! She has a tutorial on her site that I've linked in my post, so go take a peek. Have fun!

      Delete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo