Hello, hope this finds you all well. I promised to show you a few of the cards that I made in the 'Stretch Your Dies' online class I was taking, so here they are.
This first congratulations card uses both the negative and the positive images that you get after cutting your dies. You can, in effect, make two cards at the same time that have two very different looks. I've used my negative images from my die cuts as stencils before but hadn't thought to make a card from them, it's a great idea!
I used Tim Holtz's 'Shape Strips' dies for the chevrons and the stars and used Tim's 'Alphanumeric' die set for the letters.
For the negative die cut card, I backed the black card stock with some silver embossed cardstock behind the chevrons and some gold embossed card stock behind the stars. The word 'congrats' just has some plain white cardstock behind to make the word pop. I edged the card with a little silver glitter glue for some sparkle after mounting it onto the card blank.
For the positive die cut card, I made the background by layering several colours of yellow distress ink (Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed and Wild Honey) then did a little spritz and flick and sprinkled on some Tarnished Brass distress spray and some Heidi Swapp Color Shine Tinsel spray. I then VERY carefully picked up the positive die cuts out of the dies (hint: use a piece of micro-pore tape, works like a charm!) and glued them to the background. I edged this card with some copper glitter glue after adding the background to the card blank. I won't lie, this version of the card was more than a bit fiddly to do but I really like the end result.
I also made this thank you card that combined a couple of the techniques we were taught.
I colored some watercolour paper with distress inks (Festive Berries and Picked Raspberry for the flowers and Peeled Paint and Iced Spruce for the tendrils), sprinkled some Biscotti Perfect Pearls spray over top and then die cut the flowers with Tim Holtz's 'Tattered Florals' die and the tendrils with the Sizzix Sizzlits 'Decorative Flourishes' set. I arranged the flowers and tendrils and then taped them all together (micropore tape again!) and cut out the flowers and tendrils with a Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Labels Eight' die. The shaped flowers were glued onto a blank card and I then cut out the next largest size of the 'Labels Eight' die from black card stock and glued it around the flowers to make a frame. The sentiment was embossed with white embossing powder onto another piece of black cardstock and mounted on pop dots over the flowers. I added a dollop of silver glitter glue to the centers of the smaller flowers and some stick on gems to the centers of the larger flowers. Love how it turned out!
That's it for now, thanks as always for stopping by and have a great evening everyone! Happy creating,