Sunday, April 12, 2015

April Showers

Hello, hope everyone had a great week.  It's been lovely and sunny here but darn cold, we've even had a flurry of snow or two which fortunately has been short lived and hasn't stuck around.  They are forecasting warmer temperatures starting next week, hope they will be right!

I realized the other day that I hadn't shared the April door banner I made for the ongoing swap in our Mixed Media Studio group.  I was inspired by the saying 'April showers bring May flowers' and this is the banner I made for my swap partner.


I made the umbrella pattern and cut it from some cheery yellow floral print material I had in my stash and then cut some coordinating yellow and blue 'May' flowers to go underneath it using the Sizzix Tim Holtz 'Tattered Florals' die.  The raindrops were cut free hand from the same fabric as the umbrella handle and, once they were in place, I covered them with a thick coat of Glossy Accents glue to give them some shine.  They turned out great, love the effect!  I then outlined the umbrella, the edges of the banner and the centers of the flowers with some glitter glue and mounted the whole thing onto a backing of Warm 'n Natural quilt batting that I cut with pinking shears.  Hope that my swap partner will like it.

I have to admit that I've been in a bit of a slump over the last week creatively speaking, I have been puttering away on a couple of projects but don't have a heck of a lot to show for it!  Hopefully a return to warm weather will charge up my creative mojo, it's a bit frozen at the moment.  Hope that your muse has been inspiring you to create and I will try to get back on track and get some new makes posted soon.  Have a great week everyone and happy creating!

Deb

13 comments:

  1. That really stinks that you're still getting snow. I hope it warms up for you soon. It's beautiful here today and it makes such a difference in how I feel and my energy level.
    Your banner is adorable. I love how you did the rain drops

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't look like you're in a slump to me. this is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Like your fabric choices. Sounds like Spring is in a slump! Hope you get better weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous wall hanging Deb! So bright and cheery, and I love your raindrops!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, your fabric hanging is adorable! I love the fabric umbrella and how you stitched it so nicely! Love your take on April Showers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really cute! So springy! It will warm up again soon. We had snow yesterday too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely Deb, I love your raindrops and I'm sure your swap partner will too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is adorably cute, your visitors must have fun seeing something new each time they come to visit. And yes, it's brrrr cold here also, despite the sun, or the clouds...depending upon it's mood.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very pretty for Spring....we're getting a little afternoon shower right now. It's much needed so I won't complain. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your swap partner is going to Love it ~ it turned out great and I love how you added all the little touches to it!
    Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet your swap partner will love it! All the small details show through and make this banner shine! Glossy Accents is so versatile and wonderful to play with! Awesome job Deb!Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niki, hope my partner likes it too. She is a very talented quilter so I always am worried whenever I send her anything made from fabric LOL!

      Delete
  12. Love your banner, I love your creatiivity, you are an inspiration.hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo