Monday, April 6, 2015

Birthday Best Wishes

Hello!  Hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend with family and friends and that the Easter bunny brought you lots of delicious goodies.

I have another card to share with you today (I seem to be in major card making mode at the moment!) and this card was made to link up with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog's 'Simon Says Happy Birthday' celebration.  They are celebrating their 6th year as a challenge blog, happy birthday Simon Says Stamp!  And since this card has a kraft paper background, I'm also going to link it up with the current challenge at Country View Challenges,'Use Kraft Paper'.  Here's the card I made:


I embossed a piece of kraft cardstock with Tim Holtz's 'Postal' texture fades embossing folder and then highlighted the raised areas with some 'Broken China' distress ink.  Since it is Simon Says Stamp's birthday celebration I decided to use their 'Butterfly Friends' die and stamp set for the butterflies and coloured them with some 'Wild Honey' and 'Broken China' distress inks.  The 'Birthday Best Wishes' sentiment (from a Crafty Secrets stamp set) was heat embossed onto black cardstock using white fine line embossing powder.  I gently bent up the wings of the lattice butterflies and glued them to the circular sentiment and also bent the wings of the largest butterfly and mounted it on some foam.  You can see a bit of the dimension in this photograph.


Happy birthday to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog and thanks for a fun challenge!

I promise to be back shortly with some new makes, I am currently working on a big project which shall have to remain a secret for the time being, but I will try to squeeze in a couple of other projects as I work.  With the start of the new month there are all kinds of new challenges to take part in and then there is always Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2015 to work on, the April tag is so pretty, go take a peek!  Have a great week everyone and thanks as always for stopping by.  Happy creating!

Deb

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, springtime card! Butterflies have to be my favourite kind of flying creature and I love the effect of the embossing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie Ann! I love butterflies too and am also rather partial to bees :O)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card Deb. Love the bright coloured butterflies against the neutral background and great choice for an embossed pattern. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Love that embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Deb! I love the embossed background and the butterflies are so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for our special 6th Birthday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Deb, gorgeous butterflies and love the background.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this one. The butterflies are really pretty and the happy birthday sentiment looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely Deb, white embossing is one of my favourites! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. a beautiful birthday card Debs and I love the background embossing and the circle with the white sentiments. I adore your little butterflies too. Many thanks for the lovely comments that you leave on my blog they are so appreciated.

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Annie and I am always inspired when I visit your blog to see your wonderful creations!

      Delete
  9. Love the embossed background (you could come along and play Use Kraft Card with us at Country View Challenges too!), and the butterflies are so pretty.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks great, love the little butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo