Friday, April 17, 2015

Playing With Matches

Happy Friday everyone, hope you've had a great week.  We are finally getting some warm weather here in B.C., it's really feeling like Spring now, woo-hoo!

I got the Graphic 45 newsletter in my inbox yesterday morning and in it they linked to a matchbook notebook tutorial on Snapguide by Ginny Nemchak.  I popped over to take a peek at Ginny's tutorial and decided to make a couple, they are so quick and easy and what a great little gift for someone special!


I used kraft cardstock as the base for these matchbook notebooks and used some Graphic 45 'Botanical Tea' papers to make the one on the left and some Tim Holtz 'Destination' papers to make the one on the right.


They are just small little notebooks, measuring 3" by 3" so the perfect size to tuck in purse or pocket.


I just used some patterned paper for the inside pages but you can also stamp them as Ginny did on hers.


And the very best thing about them is that they are refillable!  Once you've used up all the pages, just untie the ribbon or string, remove the remnants of your old pages and add some new ones.  Love that!


I added some perforations to my pages by running them through my sewing machine (unthreaded of course :O).  I'm sure it's not great for your sewing machine needle but it worked well.


Wouldn't these make great little stocking stuffers for Christmas?  Just change the papers up and you can make them masculine, feminine, for kids or for any season.  Thanks to Ginny and to Graphic 45 for this great tutorial, think I will be making many more of these little guys!  I am going to link these up to the current challenge at Country View Challenges 'Use Kraft Card' since I used some kraft cardstock as the base for these matchbook notebooks.

I finished up the big project I've been working on (sorry, no previews until May!) and now have more time to play so I will be posting a couple of more new projects in the next few days.  Have a great weekend everyone and hope you will be able to get outside and enjoy the lovely weather.  See you soon and happy creating!

Deb

17 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, hope things are good with you. Love the Match Books, what a great little gift to give someone and the Graphic 45 papers are gorgeous. This might be a good way to use up some left-over piececs of paper from other projects.
    Thanks for the visit and have a great weekend, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela and it a perfect project for using all those bits and bobs of paper we can't stand to throw out! Especially the G45 and Tim Holtz papers, I can't stand to waste even a wee scrap of them.

      Delete
  2. They are just so sweet! I'm loving the blue one and how clever of you to make perforations in it!
    Hope the sewing machine survives!!!
    Enjoy the spring weather in B.C!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! Great choice of papers too. The fact they are refillable is quite a bonus. Glad you are finally getting some nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb! Those notebooks are really nice. How love the vintage feel you gave them.
    Enjoy the weather.
    Arlette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really nice. I love the papers you chose for these. Paper is really hard on a needle but I've read where lots of paper crafters have needles that they keep separate for working on paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Deb! I love the papers you used and the way to matched the ribbons to the style! This is such a great idea for a birthday gift, bookmarking this amazing project! have a great weekend, hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These little treats are wonderful! LOVE the vintage feel and the insides are so unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are getting better weather! You always make such neat things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are adorable...and the perfect Mother's Day gift to tuck into a purse just like you said. My Mom is always searching for a bit of paper...and so am I. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just the cutest Deb! love the papers you used - and clever way you perforated the pages! I always need a little notepad on my purse! hugs, Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deb, love these, you can take anything and make it into a treasure. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are really lovely Deb, you've chosen some fab papers. I love the saying 'stocking stuffers', makes me laugh everytime I hear it :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh WOW! those really are FABULOUS and i love the fact that they are re-fill-able! you are SO CLEVER!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are just adorable, Deb - brilliant use of the papers and so clever that you can refill them. Fab!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo