Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Sing Along With The Jingle Belles

Happy April!  Hope that you didn't get too many April Fool's jokes played on you today.  So far, so good here but as there are still a couple of hours until the 'fooling' time is up, I'm not safe quite yet!

I made another Christmas card to play along with the Jingle Belles challenge the other day, their current prompt is 'Fa-La-La-La-La' and we were to incorporate music, a holiday song or holiday lyrics into our card.  I kind of get my lyrics mixed up and ended up incorporating two songs into my card but the more the merrier, right?!


I coloured the background of the card with distress inks and added some spritz and flick and some Heidi Swap Color Shine spray in white.  The large snowflake was cut from a Paper Smooches 'Large Snowflakes' die and embossed with some Stampendous 'Winter Wonderland' embossing powder (appropriate, right? :O)  The 'Let It Snow' snowflake (from a Recollections 'Christmas' clear stamp set) was stamped and embossed with the same powder.  I used some clear pearl embossing powder to add some smaller stamped snowflakes here and there.  The 'Winter Wonderland' sentiment was cut with my Tim Holtz 'Holiday Words:Block' die from a fragment of scrapbooking paper and backed with some white cardstock.  Finally, I added some $1 store snowflake stickers.

The month of March has unfortunately gone out like a lion here in B.C., we have been getting snow flurries and cold temperatures for the last few days, and the end is nowhere in sight.  So I've left the bird feeders out and snapped this picture of some Evening Grosbeak's chowing down.


When these guys arrive, everyone else scatters since one nip from that big beak would hurt a wee bit I think!  They are a bit piggy, hunkering down on the feeder and chasing everyone else off (including their buddies!) so I usually shoo them away after they've had a chance to feed for awhile so everyone else can get a chance.  Hopefully the weather will smarten up soon, I'm coming to the end of my last 40 lb bag of black sunflower seeds and hope not to have to buy another one this year.

Thanks as always for stopping by and hope that April has brought with it lots of sunshine and warmth wherever you may be.  Have a great day and happy creating!

Deb

17 comments:

  1. Very pretty, but already working on Christmas stuff makes me cringe. LOL! Love the grosbeak's! We have the Pine Grosbeak's here that stay all winter. They are my winter friends along with my Chickadees. Enjoy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a really pretty card. I can handle that kind of snowflake but I'm getting tired of seeing them falling from the sky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty blue on your card. Hope that is the last snowflake I see for a looooong time!! Actually a nice day here today-- about time! BTW, the April TH tag is up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and gorgeous little birds though it sounds as though they are also little bullies.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! The grosbeak's definitely rule the roost at the feeder but they are so pretty I can't get too mad at them LOL.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful Deb! Love the frosty aquas and the big beautiful snowflakes! Your background is gorgeous, what a wonderful winter make! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super card Deb and I love your icy background. Your birds look amazing in your garden, I also have to chase away the bigger ones.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. a lovely winter card with sentiment and snowflake die cuts! I to am done with winter - we still have snow laying around where the piles were the deepest but it IS slowly melting! beautiful grosbeaks - we don't see them too often in MA accept maybe on wooded areas. We've had the robins too - all puffed up to stay warm - they must wonder why spring isn't here yet..... their clocks say it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Christmas card. So cool you are ahead of the game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh heavens to Betsy! This is a winter wonderland wonderful card! Your background colors are stunning and so yummy! I get songs mixed up all the time but that makes it even better-a twofer! Lol! Hugz and thank you for your kind words on my blog! hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks so much Niki! And congratulations on having your March tag chosen as one of Tim's winners, woo-hoo!

      Delete
  10. Could you send some over here please? The Grosbeaks, not the jingle bells please.

    We had the teeniest tiniest bit of hail snow stuff...but I could see it your way....hopefully soon it's warm again.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is wonderful, I love this die cut. I agree we definitely need Spring to arrive. Enjoy your Easter weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that bold sentiment with the pretty snowflakes ... so very glad you joined our Fa-la-la-la-la at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a gorgeous card, and extra bonus points for the use of TWO beautifully coordinated song titles AND embossing powder named after a holiday song, too! definitely above & beyond with that one, lol! :) so pleased you could join our fa-la-la-la-fun at JINGLE BELLES, i always love to see what you will do! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulously frosty Christmas card - and I love your shot of the bird table visitors!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. great Christmas card.

    we didn't get any grosbeaks at our feeder this winter, neat shot.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo