Monday, May 11, 2015

My Tim Tag Mini Album Update

Hello, hope you all had a wonderful weekend and that all you Mom's out there got spoiled rotten, you certainly deserve it!  I was hoping to be able to show you the card I made for my Mom today but good ol' Canada Post has mucked up delivering my parcel to her, so she still hasn't received it, grrrr!  With any luck she will get it either later today or tomorrow and I'll be able to post my pictures to share with you then.

So in the meantime, I thought I'd show you the updates I've made to my 12 Tags of 2015 mini album I made to house all my Tim Holtz inspired tags.  I've been finishing the pages as I've made the tags so here are the March and April pages completed.


For the March page, I added the mask I made to protect my bird stamp (from the Stampers Anonymous Classic #16 set) from the texture paste and embossing powder that was used on the March tag.  The words I added reflected the trepidation I felt while making the March tag as all those bright colours had me quite terrified!


For the April page, I used the offcuts from the 'Explore Life' die I cut on the April tag and then added some words and images to echo the sentiment.  I also added some pen stitching around the edge of the page to represent the real stitching used on the tag and water coloured the truck and the 'Admit One' ticket stamps (both from the Tim Holtz Visual Artistry Clear Stamp 'The Journey' set) since that was one of the techniques that was used on Tim's April tag too.

It's so much fun to do each page as the tags are made and I can't wait to see the album completed come December.  It will be great to be able to review the whole year and revisit Tim's techniques and the tags I made for the 12 Tags of 2015 challenge.  Thanks again to Astrid for this wonderful idea!

Have a lovely day everyone, it's beautiful and warm here again today so time to get out into the garden and try and tame some of the weeds that are sprouting up like ... well ... weeds!  Hope to be able to share the gift I made for my Mom with you tomorrow and until then happy creating!

Deb

15 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like how they relate to each tag. My mail service is no better-- one Mother's Day card I sent came back to me, minus the card, just half the envelope!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb this is lovely and I am really looking forward to watching it develop. Hope you're mum is not too upset.
    Generally our postal service is pretty good with only occasional hiccups.
    Thanks for the visit to mine too.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela and my Mom is not upset, I sent her an ecard as well so she did have something to 'open' on Mother's Day LOL! She is going to pick up the parcel today hopefully. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Canada Post??? I didn't realize you were Canadian Deb! Just went and checked out your profile, B.C. awesome, most of family lives there! Small world!! Love your album pages for March and April, so different and yet both so amazing!! Here's hoping your Mom's package arrives soon! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful collection so far! Love keeping it altogether for sp many reasons. Hope your package arrives soon! Thanks for sharing!~kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim and Mom is going to pick up her parcel at the post office today so it's all good!

      Delete
  5. How cool! LOVE the covers and how they correlate to the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both pages are awesome. What an amazing album this is going to be when you are all finished

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea - these pages are lovely Deb! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous pages, Deb - and yes, how lovely it will be to have the complete record at the end of the year. I love the gentle neutrals of the car page - and that vintage automobile is fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are gorgeous...I love the amount of detail that you put into your cards. It's harder to come up with anything masculine that's for sure, but you always seem to have the best cards for guys.

    Oh your poor Mom, what a mixup Canada Post...sigh.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is looking great Deb and is going to look amazing by the end of the year.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really like these pages Deb, love the gentle colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful update and genius way of staying organized! Can't wait to see what this looks like in December! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niki, it is going to be so great to be able to go back and review all of the tags inspired by Tim, so glad I saw Astrid's great idea!

      Delete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo