Thursday, June 11, 2015

Flower Garden Thank You Card

Hello all, hope this finds you well.  The weekend is fast approaching already, hope you have had a creative and productive week!

I was the lucky recipient of Tim Holtz's 'Flower Garden' stamp set and his 'Crocodile' layering stencil for my April Tim tag win (thanks again Tim and Mario!).  I hadn't had a chance to break either of them out of their packages yet so yesterday I decided it was high time they both got inked up.  And what better way to give them their inaugural outing than by making a thank you card?


Have to admit I wasn't too sure about the crocodile layering stencil but now that I've seen it in action I love it!  I laid down some Bundled Sage and Iced Spruce Distress inks onto a piece of manila cardstock and then coloured through the Crocodile stencil with some Peeled Paint DI.  A little spritz and flick, distressing around the edges with my scissors and then edging with Gathered Twigs DI completed the background.


I stamped the poppy and a stem from the Garden Flowers stamp set with Jet Black Archival ink onto Specialty Stamping paper and coloured it in with Distress Ink using the water brush.  For the poppy I used Barn Red, Festive Berries and Aged Mahogany with Gathered Twigs in the center and the stem was a simple layer of Bundled Sage and Iced Spruce.  I cut out and coloured the poppy twice and mounted one of the fussy cut flowers on pop dots for a little dimension.

To echo my April Tim tag (that was actually a card too), I tied some black and white Paper String onto the bottom and then die cut the 'thank you!' sentiment using a  Die Versions Everyday Complements die.


I cut the sentiment from some Core'dinations Kraft Core in black and gently distressed it to coordinate with the distressed edge of the background.  I then mounted the whole assembly onto an off white card blank.

Linking up this floral thank you card with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog's 'For The Love Of Plants'.

Thanks again to Tim and Mario for these wonderful gifts and thanks as always to you for stopping by today.  Hope that you have a fun and creative finish to your week, I'll be back again soon!  Happy creating!

Deb

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the pink against the green. I think it turned out nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I like the way that background looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Deb. Hope you are having a good week. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Angela and hope you've had a great week too! Deb xo

      Delete
  5. I adore the flower set of stamps and you have used it beautifully on your card, your colouring looks wonderful and so does your background. I was not sure about that stencil either but you may have just got me to reconsider! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this flower, it's my favourite from the set and you have done it proud!! Great job with the watercolouring and I love the contrast of the soft flower on the crocodile pattern in the background. I may have to purchase this stencil after all!! Thanks so much Deb for all your wonderful comments regarding my first YouTube video. I was really nervous about doing, so the positive feedback really meant a lot to me! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Deb!!! What a fabulous combo of colors, I wouldn't have dared to put together, but you simply mastered to bring them so nicely together! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! YAY! YAY!! Love this card!! It's just fab, Deb!! :) :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb, this is an awesome tribute to Tim and Mario and the new gifts they sent you! I love this set, and have yet to own it! You have really done it justice with this unconventional color combination! Great eye! Thank you for all you lovely comments and support on my blog! The sun is always shining on a day you visit, and your most recent visit really made my day! By the way, it is 100 degrees today and SUNNY! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sara, I was so chuffed to get the Flower Garden set as I didn't have it when I made my April Tim tag and then voila, there it was in my mail box LOL! And I love visiting your blog Sara, you are such a talented gal and I'm blown away by your creations each time I visit. And right back at you girl, your comments always make me smile :O) It's finally warmed up a bit here after our last little cool stretch but not quite 100 yet, stay cool! Deb xo

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful bloom! I love the coloring you have done on it. Thank you so much for joining us in the For the Love of Plants challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cheiron and glad to have been able to join in with the fun challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog this week! Deb xo

      Delete
  11. What a great way to say thank you! I wasn't sure about the crocodile either - it's one of the few I haven't bought - but looking at it here, I have to say I'm tempted.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo