Sunday, June 14, 2015

Green Bird Happy Birthday Tag

Hello blogging peeps, hope you had a great weekend.  It's warmed up slightly here which is a very good thing!

After being a day late for the last challenge at Dragons Dream Tag It On, I decided I better get a move on for the current challenge and get my Green and a Quotation tag completed early!  My niece is about to celebrate a birthday here in a few days so I decided to make a tag that I could incorporate into a birthday card for her.  Here's what I came up with.


I started with a manila tag and coloured it with distress inks in a couple of shades of green.  I then applied some transparent texture paste here and there through Tim Holtz's Gothic layering stencil, did some spritz & flick after it was dry and then applied more green DI and edged it with some Gathered Twigs DI for a little contrast.  All of the stamped images are from discontinued Crafty Secrets stamp sets and I stamped them all on some cardstock, coloured them with more green DI and fussy cut them.


A Tim Holtz Typed Token was coloured with some green acrylic paint to highlight the word 'happy' and I attached it to some crinkle ribbon (also coloured green!) with a rusty safety pin.  Three mirrored stars were coloured with, you guessed it, green alcohol ink (Pesto and Clover).


I added some green Stickles glitter glue to the little birds crown and then did a few little highlights on the bird with my white gel pen to make her stand out a bit more.  Love this quote from the Crafty Secrets stamp set, I hope it certainly comes true for my niece :O)

Initially I had the tag mounted on a white card blank but it was looking a little stark so I used the Gothic stencil again with Bundled Sage DI to add some colour.  Love how it echos the transparent texture paste stenciling on the tag.  This little geen bird will be winging her way to my niece tomorrow, hope she will like her!

Thanks to Dragons Dream Tag It On for the inspiration to make this tag which has become a birthday card and thank you for stopping by today.  Think green and happy creating everyone!

Deb

21 comments:

  1. What a fabulous tag Deb! I can never get enough of birds, I wish I had a million bird stamps and images but I find good ones are hard to find. Love the glitter glue you added to the crown, and the deep green was a perfect choice for the stars! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! The metal tag looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the crown fits.... Love your birthday tag! Your green background looks awesome. So many fun details on top of that. Love the glitz of the crown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb--Look at you go!! Just a FAB birthday tag for your niece!! I LOVE the little crown that you've gilded for this darling bird!! LOVE THIS!! Your niece is going to love this, too!! Have a GREAT week!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the little bird is so sweet, lovely design.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great birthday tag. I love the green and the bird is looking very regal in it's crown :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's gorgeous. Love what you did with it. The bird is fab. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb, this is gorgeous! I so love the crown on the little bird and the beautiful stencilling. This is exquisite. Thank you for dreaming with the Dragons. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Julie Ann and glad I was able to join in with the current challenge at DDTIO!

      Delete
  9. This is a green treasure! I bet the Birthday girl will love it. So many wonderful, and different, shades of green. It is hard to do monochromatic, but you make it look as easy as eatin a turtle pie! This is fantabulous Deb! Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Niki for your kind words, it was fun to make and hope that my niece will like it too! Deb xo

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous tag and I love the sparkly Birthday crown. Thanks for dreaming along with us Dragons, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous tag Deb and a great use of the green and quote theme. Thanks for joining our Dragons Dream challenge
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Catherine and glad I was able to join in with the challenge at DDTIO this week! Deb xo

      Delete
  12. I like this a lot, Deb. Especially your background, it's very rich and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card - so fresh and funky!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Deb! Your tag is so fabulous! Love all great elements on it, specially the crown.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry for being late in commenting. Your tag looks wonderful, great design and a wonderful quote. Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream Tag It On.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo