Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Purple And Circles

Hello everyone!  I'm a day late in getting this tag posted unfortunately, I made it for the Dragons Dream Tag It On 'Purple and Circles' challenge but missed the deadline for the link up.  A day late and a dollar short is the phrase that comes to mind LOL!  But I had fun making it so decided to share it with you anyway, here it is.


Now that is purple!  In the interest of full disclosure, purple is not a colour I use much of (the only Distress Ink/Stain purple I have is Seedless Preserves) but I did discover that I have a shocking variety of purple hued acrylic paints, ranging from Lilac to Mulberry!  So by combining the acrylic paints and the Distress Seedless Preserves, I managed to get a fairly good tonal range I think in this monochromatic scheme.  I also tried to keep with the circle motif as well by stenciling and stamping circular shapes in both the background and on my 'flowers' although I did add some script stamping in the background and some vertical stems and grass to convey the idea of flowers.


 And although I say I don't use purple much, I discovered in perusing my stash that I actually had some purple Perfect Pearls and some purple glitter glue so perhaps I should be using it more as I seem to be well supplied!  I searched and searched for a saying or quote about purple but there wasn't much out there so chose the phrase 'Everything is better in Purple' since it seemed to sum things up nicely.  Here's a photo I snapped of one of our purple irises after a rain storm just to prove that point ;O)


Thanks for stopping by today and check out Dragons Dream TIO current challenge which is 'Green and a Quotation' .... hmmm, I wonder how many green paints and inks I have??!!  Happy creating!

Deb

11 comments:

  1. Purple it is! Very nice! I don't use much purple either-- I dom't think there is a lot of purple supplies out there. Pretty iris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the typo-- dumb ipad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A vision in purple - it is lovely Deb - great design too. Your iris is beautiful too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful purple post!! Your tag is delicious Deb! I think Seedless Preserves is the only distress colour that I don't have...I may have to pick one up on my next shopping trip!! Love that flower with the morning dew on it, wow!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...you don't use purple much, but you seem to have quite a few purple supplies. Maybe you should be asking yourself..."Who's studio am I in?" LoL You pulled it off royally! I love your flowers!...on the tag AND in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Annie, I was shocked when I started to pull out all of those purple acrylic paint colours, that's what comes from years of craft hoarding LOL! Thanks for your kind words, Deb xo

      Delete
  6. I don't really use purple much either. I wonder if I have much of it in my stash :). I really like this tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tag Deb! I love the purple and those cute flowers! You're right, everything is better in purple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooohhh, Sooooo Purply!!! I love this, Deb!! I completely see flowers, glittering all purple in the sunshine!! I see that completely :) :) Such a fun tag and I love the background!! Everything is better in purple!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - that's some full-on purple - what a funky look!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo