Monday, July 13, 2015

It's Alive!

Yes, it's true, I am still in the land of the living!  Apologies all round for being MIA for so long but life and a bout with a bad back have collaborated to keep me away from the computer.  Thankfully I can now sit at the computer for longer than a few minutes so you are going to be stuck with me again :O)

The back situation made sitting a tad bit uncomfortable but I was able to stand for short periods and do some crafting so managed to get some swap items made for the Mixed Media Studio.  They are late I'm afraid to say but hopefully my swap partners will be understanding.  I made two ATC's on the theme of 'Mother Nature' for our June swap and used some ATC backs from Ephemera's Vintage Garden that had a nature theme as my starting point.  The first has a sweet wee bird (from a discontinued Crafty Secrets stamp set) and a great quote from a new Dina Wakley stamp set I was lucky enough to win at the Mixed Media Monthly blog (thanks again Donna!).


And for the second ATC, I used a background from the same Ephemeras Vintage Garden set and this time added some wildflowers and a Shakespearean quote from another discontinued Crafty Secrets stamp set.  I love this quote and thought it was very appropriate for the Mother Nature theme.


Our July banners for the ongoing banner swap were also due so I decided to buck the red, white and blue trend and made a summer banner with a bee skep image that I had in my stash.


I used a daisy print quilting cotton as the background and printed the Summer bee skep image onto some muslin.  The ball fringe just happened to coordinate perfectly with the fabric and I then sewed on some lace trim as well along the bottom edge.  Three wee bee charms and a bit of green Stickles glitter glue finished the banner off.  Hopefully my swap partner won't be disappointed in my colour scheme selection!

Despite my long absence, I am sad to say that is all I have to show you right now.  I didn't even get my June tag completed for Tim Holtz's 12 tags of 2015 so I plan to do both the June and the July tag in the next few days to get caught up.  Hope you'll be able to stop by to see them and I promise to get around to get caught up with all of you very soon as well.  I do have a very special post coming up on Thursday afternoon so hope to see you then, it's another guest designer post and I was thrilled to be asked to participate!  Thanks as always for stopping by and again apologies for my long absence.  Happy creating everyone!

Deb
xo

21 comments:

  1. No need for apologies. Things happen that are more important than blogging. Hope your back problems are behind you now. (I didn't realize until I typed that how funny it sounded....lol)
    Both of your ATC's are great. I love the backgrounds that you used for them. The banner is fantastic and I think anyone would be thrilled with your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your troubles. There seem to be so many lately, but glad to see you back again. Super ATCs! Really nice! And what a cute banner-- I love the ball fringe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb!
    I am so happy to see you back. Life can be so GRRRRRRR sometimes. I hope your back is way better now. These birdies are really good.
    Take good care of yourself,
    Arlette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you hurt yourself but happy you are healing. Life does tend to throw us some curve balls doesn't it.

    love all your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling better:) Gorgeous makes Deb! So good to see you post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And here's me feeling sorry for myself with a nasty summer virus... it is good to see you back (pun not intended) and feeling a little better. Nothing worse than a bad back. Your ATCs are wonderful and I LOVE your beautiful banner! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Deb, hope you're feeling a little better. Make sure you don't overdo it though. You know how much I love birds, so it's not a surprise that I just adore your little birdie creations! I love your summer banner! Yellow is s colour I used to shy away from, but since I see how it can be used in wonderful projects like this, it has really started to grow on me! big healing hugs coming at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Deb! backs! what a pain they can be, take care that you don't spend too much time at the computer.
    Love the ATCs and the train card below is a great idea for a man's card.
    Take care, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela, I'm feeling much better thank goodness! Deb xo

      Delete
  9. You kept working through it all and the results are as wonderful as ever. May your mending continue ~ take care of yourself. We will enjoy all you share whenever you share it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are feeling better and able to get back to making all your wonderful creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to see you back in Blogland again Deb, with some more beautiful projects. Look forward to seeing your GD post. Hope your back continues to improve.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quotes for your delightful projects! The bee skep image is gorgeous! I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better - do take care and don't over do it.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back! How lovely to see you and your beautiful work again. I really love these pretty projects. That Shakespeare quote is lovely - I think I might have to add it to my collection. As always the lovely colours and composition of your work is a breath of fresh, spring air! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your very kind and lovely words Julie Ann! Deb xo

      Delete
  14. Hi Deb!! Oh, those darn backs! Can't live with them, can't live without them!! But it's good to see you back and look at what you're sharing with us!! Darling ATCs, Deb!! And gosh--Look at that banner!! Another stunner for sure!! Your swap-mates are going to love all of their goodies!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am with you on the back situation, hurt mine 3 days ago. Thank goodness you are on the mend and I am happy to see your lovely creations. Those birds at darling and that bee-stunning! Wonderful designs on all three dearie! Hugz! And healing thoughts going your way. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Niki, I am so sorry you've hurt your back, healing energy and positive thoughts for a quick recovery headed your way girl! Thanks for your kind comment and big hugz back to you. Deb xo

      Delete
  16. Good to see you back Deb, and I hope you're feeling better. Your ATC's and banner are real stunners xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely charming ATCs - those birds are wonderful - and the banner is great.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo