Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Those Dang Time Zones

Yepper, two posts in one day, you don't hear from me for weeks and now I'm spamming your blog roll LOL!  But I wanted to post my new Christmas card today before 6:00 p.m. so I could link it up with the latest Jingle Belles challenge ... only thing is I neglected to notice that the deadline was 6:00 p.m. Eastern which was about three hours ago.  The best laid plans, as they say, often go awry and that's definitely the case here!  But since I had it made I decided to post it anyway and here it is.


The theme was 'Silver Belles' so perhaps this was a bit on the nose but I did incorporate some sheet music in the background to echo the musical aspect of the prompt as well.  The jingle bell is one of Tim Holtz's blue print stamps and I stamped it with Stazon ink onto some kitchen foil that I had glued onto cardstock and then I sprinkled the bell with silver embossing powder.  I didn't know if it would work or not but surprisingly it embossed rather well!  Some holiday greens die cuts were placed in behind the bell and the sentiment was die cut using Tim Holtz's 'Holiday Words:Block' die.

So that's it, short and sweet this time (thank goodness you are all saying!), off to get to work on Tim Holtz's July tag for his 12 Tags of 2015.   If you missed my first post today, I posted my version of Tim's June 12 Tags of 2015 earlier so click here if you'd like to take a peek.

Have a great evening and hope you will be able to stop by tomorrow afternoon when I will be posting a new make for a guest designer spot I was honoured to have been asked to do.  Can't say what it is so hope to see you tomorrow for the 'big reveal', till then happy creating!

Deb xo

17 comments:

  1. Pretty card! That bell is really neat. Hmm... you certainly have left us in suspense...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, what a fantastic festive card!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Christmas card Deb! Love the metallic jingle bell and the red baker's twine is such a festive touch! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your card! I want to copy it! I've never thought of foil...I've glued candy wrappers and bags to cardstock but have never thought of foil. Genius! I'm glad you posted this share. Now I'm off to figure out how to pin it so I remember it. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo love your late early Christmas card :) The foil bell is awesome, so happy you posted so it could be seen and loved!

    Really wonderful!
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks Kim! One of these days I'll get those time zones straight, I'm really confused when Europe or Australia gets thrown into the mix!! Deb xo

      Delete
  6. That is clever! How exciting - I am looking forward to your surprise designer spot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there - I love your card - and thanks so much for popping over to my blog - very kind of you!!! Big Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tags!!! LOVE the bell and birdie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Christmas card, Deb!! Look at you go--making Christmas cards in July!!! And who cares if you missed the challenge, you made the card and that's the trick!! :) :) I completely love how you used aluminum foil for the bell!! Soooo clever!! Way to go!! :) :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well aren't you the clever one. I never would have guessed that was foil. what a neat idea that was. The whole thing came together really well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your silvery bell - kitchen foil is marvellous stuff! Great card design for the holidays.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooooooooooooooooooooooh! i'm sorry it's taken me such an age to get over here to see this but YOWZA it was worth the trip! i'm sooooooo pleased you let me know this was here, i most definitely wouldn't want to miss it... perfect in EVERY detail!!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I'm working backwards trying to at least see your creations I've missed, although I just can't comment on all of them! there are so many! Hey, I've done the time zone trick before...but at least you are one up on your Christmas cards. I'm a seasonal create-er, and have a hard time making Christmas cards if not with in a month on the real day! I need to get over that! So my hat's off to you! Love this card and your creative move with the tin foil (which is what we can it here in the south:) ) bell. Very cool! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Sara and thanks for stopping by to comment! I don't usually do 'C' cards ahead of time either but decided to join in with the Jingle Belles this year to try and get a head start. I'm pretty hit or miss on whether I get them made or not but at least I now have a few ready for December! And we call it tin foil (or aluminum foil) up here as well, just thought I'd say kitchen foil so everyone would maybe figure out what it was I was using LOL! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo