Tuesday, August 4, 2015

CC3C Number 34 Last But Not Least!

Hello everyone, hope this finds you well.  A big welcome to my new followers, I appreciate your taking the time to stop by and hope that you'll enjoy following me on my creative journey!

I'm embarking on a new challenge this week, joining in with Linda Ledbetter of Studio L3 and the Curiosity Crew for the Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge.  I just got my own copy of Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities Volume III book and am very happy to finally be able to participate.  This weeks challenge is sponsored by The Funkie Junkie Boutique and there is also a prize donated by Tim and Mario, so if you have Tim's book, come and join the fun!

The CC3C #34 (it's the last challenge I am sad to say but at least I got a chance to join in one!) is to use the Layering Stencil: Monoprint technique from page 48 of Tim's book.  In deference to Tim, I can't share how I did this step (if you need a copy of Tim's book, you can get a hello! autographed copy on his blog) but will tell you I used Distress ink in multiple shades of green and Tim's Blossom layering stencil.  Here's the tag before I went on to embellish it, love this technique!!


I did some spritz and flick onto the monoprint after I dried it and also did some more stenciling through the Blossom layering stencil with Old Paper DI.


To be frank, I didn't want to cover this background up so decided to keep my embellishments simple on this tag.


I used Tim Holtz's Perspective stamp set for the sentiment and his Flower Garden stamp set for the flower and stem.


The fleur-de-lis border is from a TPC Studio Decor Sentiments stamp set and the single fleur-de-lis is from a Tattered Angels Timeless Romance stamp set; both were stamped onto watercolour paper with Sparrow dye ink from Simon Says Stamp and clear embossed.


The flower was stamped with Jet Black Archival ink onto watercolour paper and coloured with distress ink and a water brush.  I clear embossed the flower and mounted it on some pop dots after fussy cutting.


I stamped the sentiment onto a tag cut with Tim's Tiny Tabs and Tags die, embossed it with clear embossing powder and added shading with a Pigma pen to the word 'Beauty'.  The edges of both tags were distressed with Tim's Tonic Paper Distresser and coloured with some Vintage Photo DI.  The crinkle ribbon was coloured with Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo DI.


I wanted to get some dimension under the flower stem as well, so I added tiny pieces of pop dots under the leaves and adhered the bottom end of the stem to the fleur-de-lis border which was also elevated on some dimensional foam tape.  As a finishing touch, I spattered some black acrylic paint onto the tag using an old tooth brush.


So glad I was able to join in at least one of the challenges for CC3C and I will definitely be using Tim's layering stencil monoprint technique again, it is most definitely a keeper!  Thanks for stopping by today and hope that you are having a fun and creative week.  See you again soon and happy creating!

Deb xo

39 comments:

  1. Deb! This is an AWESOME CC3 #34 tag--You betcha it's never too late!! This is a phenomenal creation, I totally LOVE it!! Love your background, love the bloom, love the fleur di lis embellie and border--I'm telling you, I LOVE THIS!! :) :) Dare I say "Winner" on this?! It's sooo beautiful--Good Luck!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Deb!!! I'm so impressed with your work. This is absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! The flower reminds me of Jane le Fazio's style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome. I don't blame you for not wanting to cover up that background, it is really pretty. I'm with Shari, this is a winner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow is right! You really hit this one! Color, composition, style... it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tag is a real beauty! You can work your way through the challenges on your own....I know, a bit more fun to play with others. But fun none the less. That background is very cool looking. And your embellishing details are a great enhancement for everything to blend together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie and you are so right, I can go back and work my way through Tim's book on my own. It's certainly jam packed with lots of wonderful ideas, I'm going to be having fun playing over the next while! Deb xo

      Delete
  7. I love this tag. The background colors and the yellow flower is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Deb I was loving the tag even in the first couple of photos, then you go and put that gorgeous yellow flower on it and the little mini tag and border! HELLLLOOOOO, I'm in love!! PINNED! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb, I have to agree with Pamellia--I loved just the monoprint technique tag, but then, wow! You added that stunning embossed and brilliant flower! It just pops off the gorgeous background. This is a lovely work of art! Love it! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sara, I love this background technique and can't wait to try it with more stencils. Always something new to learn and to try, I'm having so much fun LOL! Thanks for your kind comment as always, Deb xo

      Delete
  10. So pleased you got your book Deb and wow, what a fantastic tag you have created for the final challenge!! It is simply stunning! I love the gorgeous background you created and the flower is just superb (I am running out of descriptive words here).... I LOVE THIS !! I have pinned it too.... Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deb...I LOVE your monoprint background! Those colors are just glorious! I don't blame you for. It was ting to cover it up! This is a perfect example of less being more! Your stamped and colored yellow flower is so pretty and really is the perfect compliment to this tag! Love the very fitting sentiment, too! Thanks for sharing your art with us at CC3C.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tag Deb, love the colours you've used too, it all works so well.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Deb, I am always so amazed at your talent. Your tag is beautiful!!! Love all of your creations!!! hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Deb, this tag is absolutely fantastic! I'm sorry this is your first entry with the CC3 Challenge as I SO would have enjoyed seeing more projects! However, it is never too late! I LOVE this monoprint background and it's simplicity. I am so glad you didn't cover it all up! Thanks for joining us for this final challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susan and I am glad I was able to join in for the last challenge at least :O) I appreciate your visit and kind words very much, thank you for stopping by.
      Deb xo

      Delete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous Deb, beautiful colours, great use of techniques and a stunning outcome. Love it.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect technique for a perfect tag! Love the background and that yellow flower that pops up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laura and thanks for visiting and commenting! Deb xo

      Delete
  17. Love this Deb! what a delicious background you created with this technique! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a gorgeous and stunning design! I can see why you didn't want to cover up that delicious background. The amazeballs yellow flower and small tag sentiment pulled everything together in a wonderful fashion Deb! Wowzers and Wowzers!!!!!! Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Niki, so glad I learned how to do this background technique, think I'll be using it a lot from now on LOL! Deb xo

      Delete
  19. You are really into this tag stuff aren't you ladybug?

    This is sooooooo pretty.

    sorry deleted the previous comment because I spelled a word wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  20. holy macaroni!!! what a masterpiece!!!!!!!!!!! utterly incredible... i think you just "enabled" me into that book, missus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Deb, this is one gorgeous tag! I love that background you created and the flower looks amazing taking center stage! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous tag!! Thanks for joining us...finally. LOL! I'm so happy you did. This is fabulous. Wonderful technique background, amazing watercoloring, and--oh my goodness--that fussy cut flower and skinny little stem! Wow! Really great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How lovely, Deb! I really love the way you added some stenciling on this tag post-technique. Its really mesmerizing and provides a great background. You were smart not to cover it too much. Simplicity IS beautiful. So glad you joined us for this challenge and I hope you'll keep an eye out for our next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Your background is fabulous, love that stencil, and I can't blame you for not wanting to cover it up. Gorgeous flower too! LOVE this! Thanks so much for joining us on the last challenge at CC3C!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anita, I was thrilled with how this background turned out and will be using Tim's stencil monoprint technique often from now on! Glad to have been able to join in the fun for CC3C and thanks for your kind comment, Deb xo

      Delete
  25. Oh, Deb, this is gorgeous! I love the background and the way you've made the flower pop. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another complete beauty! The background is stunning - I'm so glad you didn't cover it up too much. I love the natural colour palette, and how the gentle creamy beige softens those bright greens and yellows. Absolutely love it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Deb...LOVE the mono print background!!! Lovely colors and it pulls it all together perfectly! Thanks for sharing with us at CC3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Yvonne and glad I was able to join in with the last CC3 challenge! Deb xo

      Delete
  28. How on earth did I miss this? It is absolutely STUNNING! Just bursting with colour. I love it. Lx

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo