Sunday, August 9, 2015

Matchbook Mania

Happy Sunday everyone, hope you've all had a great weekend.  It's cool and has been raining off and on here but I'm not complaining as everything was getting very crunchy underfoot so some moisture is welcome.

I've been working on some matchbook notebooks this weekend based on a tutorial by Ginny Nemchak on Snapguide.  I had made a couple of them several months ago and posted some pictures here on my blog (click here to view my post) and when my Mom saw them she loved them and asked if I could make some for her to give as gifts to friends and family.  I of course said yes .... and then promptly forgot to do it!!  You will note that the date of my original post is APRIL!  It wasn't until I pulled one out of my purse the other day to jot something down that it hit me like a ton of bricks, I hadn't made any to send to my Mom!  Eeeeks!  So I've been frantically cutting, gluing, embellishing and compiling in a frenzy of matchbook mania this weekend, I'm hoping better late than never!


They are a super way to use up all of your bits and bobs of cardstock and patterned papers as well as those little embellishments from other projects we all hoard save.  And when you get a little production line going, they actually make up pretty quick (I'm an expert now, ask me if you have any questions :O)


Mom wanted them for nieces and nephews and for her friends and sisters so I made them in lots of styles and colours to hopefully appeal to everyone.


I used stamps, stickers and die cuts to embellish them; it was great fun actually going through my hoarded saved stash of bits and bobs to see what would work with the patterned papers ;O)


That sweet wee fox stamp was in the dollar bin at Michael's, he is so cute!  And the 'report book' matchbook was made for my Aunt who is a retired school teacher, hope she will like it!


Mom wanted a notebook to give to my cousins son so I made the 'map of the world' notebook for him and one of my other Aunts loves her kitty cats so I made the 'meow' notbeook for her.


They will be in the mail tomorrow along with a very contrite apology to my Mom, I still can't believe that I so completely and utterly forgot to make them for her.  This does not bode well for my twilight years if I'm already forgetting stuff like this!

Hope you have a lovely Sunday, I'm off to make some primitive flower bowl fillers for a lovely repeat customer on Etsy.  It's been a long time since I've made them as I've been so consumed by my mixed media projects, I hope I remember how!  Thanks as always for stopping by and happy creating.

Deb xo

32 comments:

  1. these are so cute!! Beautiful little gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie, they are a great way to use up scraps and make up pretty quickly once you get a production line going LOL! Deb xo

      Delete
  2. Hi Deb! Lucky are those who will receive those lovely matchbooks notebooks. I love the vintage feel they give.
    I hope your weekend was good.
    Take care, Arlette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Arlette and I had a fun weekend playing in my studio, hope you did too! Deb xo

      Delete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! What did you put on the inside?

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these. I've made matchbook style covers for post it notes in the past but these are even nicer. I'm sure your mom will forgive your lateness :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun project! Love your results! I also love projects that use scraps. Gee, I never forget anthing (cough, cough...).

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so stinkin' cute! I love that you've perforated the note pages. Easier than tearing them out. I'm going to give this tut a try.....like right now. LoL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie and have fun, they are rather addictive little devils when you get going! Deb xo

      Delete
  7. These are gorgeous Deb and thanks for the link to find out how we can try and make them ourselves - once I get started doing my hybrid again - I'm going to make one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jemima and have fun making them, they are too cute and make great little gifts! Deb xo

      Delete
  8. What a great collection Deb! Each one is so unique and wonderful. I must say I enjoy seeing all the different styles in one spot like this, it really shows how versatile your design skills are! Well done (would you like my address by the way?) tee hee. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha - after getting these, I'm SURE your mom will forgive your tardiness. :) They are so ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca and I hope you are right, I can't believe I forgot to make them for her for so long!! Deb xo

      Delete
  10. LOVE that you made these for your mom to give away! They are all precious and just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anita and hopefully better late than never, I am sure many a birthday has gone by since she asked for them back in April but hopefully will be able to gift them next year! Deb xo

      Delete
  11. So .. I've already made two and I can't stop!!! I just love-love-love these!!
    Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you are very welcome Beth and be careful, they are very addicting little devils to make! Deb xo

      Delete
  12. Love these tiny treasures. Mini notebooks - who could not want one? That wee fox stamp is indeed gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea, love them. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very fun to make Angela, good way to use up scraps! Deb xo

      Delete
  14. These are so awesome sauce! What a very wonderful idea and so many different ways to design. Wowzers! I bet your Mother forgives you when she sets eyes on these beauties. :) Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niki and she does like them and I am forgiven, thank goodness :O) Deb xo

      Delete
  15. Deb, these are fabulous - your Mum will be absolutely thrilled with them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these Deb, I really admire your amazing talent. I know your mom will love them, hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi deb, dropping by to let you know that I have nominated you for the Sisterhood of the world Blogger Award. Here is the link: http://thammieetcompagnie.blogspot.fr/2015/08/sisterhood-of-world-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness, thank you so much Arlette! Off to visit your blog! Deb xo

      Delete
  18. These look fantastic Deb, a super little pressie.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember that post, and they are so lovely that I put it on my mental to do list....way back in April I think...lol. And then forgot, so thank goodness you reminded us about them. I can think of many times that I would love to have a little book to jot down ...well the things that I forgot to do...lol.

    I pinned it, with full credit to you Deb, hope that's OK.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  20. What wonderful little note holders - love the way you've decorated them - each so different - each so lovely!! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Deb!! Sorry I'm so late in coming by :( It's been a hectic week BTS here, but I knew I would make it by at some point to admire this AWESOME collection of matchbooks!! These are Fabulous and look at all of the variety!! :) Soooo Fun, and perfect little gifts for friends & fam members!! OH and Lookie there--You don't even need a special die to cut these little cuties out!! Even Better!! Happy Weekend to you, Deb!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, I'm sure your Mom will agree this is a case of better late than never! They're all so adorable, and clearly made with love and care... great gifts for friends and family. What's a few months between friends?!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo