Sunday, August 23, 2015

Steampunk ATC's Storage Box

Good Sunday morning everyone, hope you are having a great weekend.  Just a quick post this morning to show you the storage box I made for the steampunk ATC's that I made for our current swap at the Mixed Media Studio (click here to see that post).

As I mentioned yesterday, I based this storage box on a tutorial I found on YouTube by PaperCrafter45.  I had to change up the measurements slightly to accommodate these ATC's (I made it a bit thicker and a bit taller) and after doing some math (can you smell the frying brain cells??!) here's the box I ended up making.


I used the Steampunk Spells paper by Graphic45 (love it!) and a Martha Stewart punch to add the decorative border.  The base of the box was made from kraft cardstock that was distressed with some Vintage Photo distress ink.  The third gentleman from Tim Holtz's 'Possibilities' stamp and die set was feeling a bit miffed at not being included in this project (his fellow compatriots were both used on the ATC's) so I coloured him up with some distress ink and a water brush and added him onto a round backing cut from embossed foil card left over from making the ATC bases.  A star was cut from the same leftover foiled card and both were distressed with black, rust and brushed pewter acrylic paint.  I made the speech bubble on Picmonkey and used a font called Extra Ornamental No 2.


Nothing fancy on the back, just covered it with more of that lovely G45 paper.


And here are the steampunk ATC's in their storage box, hopefully it will keep them safe as they make their way to Illinois.

That's it for now, have to get sewing on the August door banner and get it on it's way and I want to try and join a couple of more challenges but am runnining out of time as we will be heading out on holidays in a week or so.  Time to get the roller skates on so see you later and happy creating!

Deb xo

29 comments:

  1. So pleased that you showed the holder too Deb, it is just as fantastic as your steampunk ATCs, love it! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect solution ~ very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect. The ATC's will be riding in style to their Illinois destination

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the paper and the over all result is fab! Hope those skates are well oiled! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! Amazing steampunkery! I love the little box you've created to keep those fabulous ATCs safe on their journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love a bit Steampunk, fab creation.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes such a wonderful, complete package! Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous ATC box Deb ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great keepsake box for the beautiful ATCs! That's a great tutorial for making the box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie and the box tutorial is very versatile, tweak a few measurements and you could make it to fit so many things! Deb xo

      Delete
  10. Hi Deb..........loving these fabulous ATC's and the wonderful backgrounds too x thank you for the lovely comments you leave on my blog which are so appreciated xx

    Best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie and I always love visiting your blog, you are a constant source of inspiration! Deb xo

      Delete
  11. Busy woman, and so creative. I love the detail in that style of illustrations used in the paper...

    You did a great job Deb, it's both useful and lovley.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE Steampunk!!!! That G45 paper is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always good to have a place to store special swap or keepsake things.Love this box with the Steampunk theme.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhh yea!! Keep the Steampunk coming dearie. Loves this and everything about it! Such a wonderful way to keep the ATCs all safe and snug. Wowzers! Awesome sauce idea Deb! Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niki and I do love me some steampunk, have to do it more often! Deb xo

      Delete
  15. Love this, just perfect for your fab ATC's xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can you tell I'm playing catch-up?! :) I'm so glad that I've had the time to peruse your blog--I've missed so much!
    This is a wonderful ATC box, Deb! I think those two ATCs are going to be very safe in their travels to Illinois! How fun!! Have a wonderful rest of your creative week!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Deb, I love your steampunk, another awesome creation!!! hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love love the box! The paper and embellishments are the perfect compliment to your incredibly gorgeous ATCs! Thanks so much for sharing … and thanks, also, for the shout-out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much papercrafter45 and thank YOU for your wonderful video tutorials! Deb xo

      Delete
  19. What a wonderful parcel that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving this project Deb, great way to use those papers. Thanks for sharing it with us and happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, love your gorgeously designed box Deb, it looks perfect to keep those ATCs safe on their journey. Off to have a look at those too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great little box for your gorgeous ATC's! I'm sure they will be loved by the receiver!! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. HI Deb. This little storage box for Steampunk ATCs is brilliant! The papers are so perfect for the theme and I love your ATCs that you are including on the inside! Great job! I also wanted to take a second to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment about my art journal pages. They are still a work in progress as I get more comfortable with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Deb, what a great little storage box! I love all the papers you used and the entire steampunk design! The ATC's look amazing in there lovely home! This rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo