Saturday, August 22, 2015

Thank You To Arlette

Hello blogging peeps, I have a special post this morning as a way of saying thanks to Arlette of Thammie et Compagnie.  She was kind enough to choose me as one of the recipients of her 'Sisterhood of the World' blog award.  While I have chosen to make my blog award free, I thought I owed Arlette some answers to the question she posed for her recipients and also to let her know how much I appreciated her thinking of me.  So without further ado, here are my answers to Arlette's questions:

1. When did you first start blogging?

I had to go look at the start date for my first post to answer this question, it appears that I started to blog in July of 2010, holy smokes, I didn't realize it was that long ago!

2. Do you have several blogs?

I do have a selling blog as well as this blog but have to admit that this is the only one that I really keep up with.  I also had a blog for my photographs but that poor blog was languishing so badly that I made it private since I hardly ever tended to it.  So while I do technically have several blogs, this is really the only blog that I post to on a regular basis.

3. What is the reason behind your main blog name?

I live in the Paxton Valley here in British Columbia, Canada and when I first started to blog, I was heavily involved in creating folk art and primitive crafts so my name became Paxton Valley Folk Art.  My interests have now shifted to creating mixed media artwork but I do still view my mixed media work as folk art so the name remains.

4. What inspires you to write your posts?

I mostly write my posts to share my current creations and to write descriptions of how I went about making them.  I have learned so much from all of the other generous artists around the web that I want to share with others what little knowledge I have.  It's probably been said a million times before and in a much more concise manner than my rambling musings but if I can help someone figure out how it's done, that's good enough for me!

5. How do people around you feel about you being a blogger?

I am very lucky to have a lot of support from my family, my hubby is my biggest fan and is unfailingly understanding of my creating, picture taking and computer pounding as I write my posts.  He's a wonderful guy and I am very lucky to have him in my life.  My Mom & Dad also regularly read my posts and give me wonderful feedback and encouragement, I am a very lucky gal!

6. Are you a cat person or a dog person?

I'm an animal person!  Doesn't matter what species, colour, age, gender, furred, scaled or feathered, I love them all and could never choose one over the other.  That being said we are currently the parents of three rescue dogs so at present the dogs rule in our house!

7. Do you like reading the book before watching the movie or it is the other way around?

Definitely reading the book first, books are so rich and layered and full of details that movies can never do justice to the story in my opinion.

8. How do you relax and get rid of tensions when life is GRRRR?

I make art!  Heading down to my studio and pulling out paper, paint, glue and glitter makes the whole world drift away.

9. If the Earth were a place without pain, suffering, injustice and other bad things, what would your life be?

Wow, that's a very interesting and very difficult question!  I can only speculate but I don't really see my life being much different that it is now.  I have been very blessed in my life with loving and supportive parents, careers that fulfilled and interested me and a husband and (furry!) family that I love beyond words and who love me.  So I really can't imagine an existence much better than the one I have.

10. Write about anything you'd like.

I'd like to thank Arlette very much for choosing me for her award and for her very kind words about me on her blog.  If you aren't familiar with Arlette or her amazing dolls, I encourage you to head on over to meet her and to also check out the other amazing bloggers that she elected for her award.  Thanks so much again Arlette, you are so very kind!

Deb xo

10 comments:

  1. Thank you, I enjoyed this little peek into your world Deb,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was fun to read your answers to the questions. I can't say that there is anyone I know personally who follows my blog. Most people I know just don't get it....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a non fan of blog awards Deb but I have to admit I did enjoy reading your answers and finding out a little bit more about you!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all these questions Deb. Reading your answers was really interesting and it was really nice to get to know a bit more about you without being too nosy.
    Take good care of yourself, of your husband and all your dear ones as well as your three dogs
    Arlette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Arlette and thanks again for your kind words on your blog, appreciate it very much! You take care of you and yours and your pups too! Deb xo

      Delete
  5. This is a gracious way to accept the award and share some things about yourself, too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to hear a bit more about your world, and congrats on your well-deserved award.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Bravo, Deb!! Congratulations on this honor! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big congrats to you dearie! I really enjoyed reading your answers, especially about being a cat or dog person-perfect response! And I agree with you about reading the book first. Lol! Have an awesome sauce week! Hugz ~Niki

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo