Sunday, October 25, 2015

Another Christmas Deer

Happy Sunday everyone, hope you all had a great weekend.  I've been having a play with more of the new Christmas releases from Tim Holtz and made another ornament incorporating the new Holly Ribbon embossing folder.


I seem to be on a deer kick as I also used the prancing deer die that I bought last year.  The base of the ornament is chipboard covered with some scrapbooking papers from my stash and I embossed the holly ribbon onto some watercolour paper and then coloured it with Distress inks, Biscotti Perfect Pearls spray and some Heidi Swapp white colour shine spray.


I made a wee wreath for the deer from some Tim Holtz pine twine, some pip berries from my stash and one of the jingle brads that had the prongs cut off.  I added gold Stickles glitter glue to the deer's antlers and also added a bead around the edge of the embossed holly ribbon panel.


I made the Merry Christmas label on Picmonkey and then covered it with clear UTEE and cracked it once it was cooled.  Some Gathered Twigs Distress ink was worked into the cracks to highlight them.

I had some white glittered snowflakes in my stash but the colour was wrong for this ornament so I coloured them with some alcohol inks.


I started out colouring the snowflakes with some Stonewash blue alcohol ink but the colour wasn't working so I removed it (with some Blending Solution) and added the Butterscotch and Copper Mixative combo that I used on the silver tinsel stem on my last ornament.  Much better!

On the back of the ornament, I layered some more ephemera bits and bobs from my stash.


The ornament hanger was made from a piece of Distress ink coloured crinkle ribbon.

So that's my prancing deer merry Christmas ornament which will probably end up being gifted to one of my Mixed Media Studio buds :O)


I now have to change gears and head back into fall mode, the current challenge over at A Vintage Journey is 'Art Journaling With Tim' and I'm envisioning a fall themed Tim Holtz inspired journal page.  So the Christmas supplies will have to get filed for now and I'll break out the orange, brown and green palettes once again to work on my journal page.  As the journal page is not even started yet, it will be a few days before I can show it to you but it's looking wonderful in my head LOL!  Have a great week everyone and I'll see you again in a few days.  I do promise to get around and visit you all very soon as well, my blog reader was off-line for a few days so I've fallen behind but hope to get caught up soon.  Thanks as always for stopping by and happy creating!

Deb xo




21 comments:

  1. I need to do some shopping for a deer die and some pine twine. Even if I can't put together a project as spectacular as this tag it will be fun to say I used those items. While I'm at it I should get some jingle bell brads too....lol
    I love this ornament and I really like how you did the Merry Christmas label.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your deer. They seem to be really in fashion this year - on lots of fabric and stationery at the moment. There's some nice Tim Holtz designed patchwork fabric in the shop at the moment, and I thought of you.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and shape! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the glittered antlers.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will make the most wonderful gift Deb, I love the prancing deer, especially with the gold glittery antlers - very stylish indeed! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, I love your ornament, you go into so much detail, it is gorgeous!!! hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous Deb, love them. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deer are such a pretty part of the holidays. I love the tiny wreath around his neck! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so beautiful, love these nontraditional Christmas colors! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, thanks for your kind words! Deb xo

      Delete
  10. Deb, this ornament is really cute! I love home made ornaments that have such a vintage, homespun feeling to them. Really nice use of Tim's deer die. I love all of his deer die cuts. Really a nice job. I also want to thank you for your high praise that you left on my blog. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely piece Deb, love the deer and the little wreath you added and the touches of gold. The UTEE cracked sentiment is a lovely touch. Whoever receives this will love it. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job Deb, it's lovely. I'm going to have to get into the early Christmas mode myself to get the next issue of Rural put together...sigh...not a procrastinator at all am I.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deb
    This is AMAZING! What a gorgeous project! I really love that deer die cut and still need to add it in my collection. I hope you will Instagram this and tag #sizzix! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nancy! And hope you'll be able to get that deer die soon, it is so perfect for the holidays! I did Instagram the ornament, Sizzix has been incredibly generous and has regrammed many of my pictures (and yours as well I see :O) and I can't thank them enough for that. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting, Deb xo

      Delete
  14. Your attention to detail Deb, is always so amazing. This is exquisite! How I have missed your wonderful art! I hope to be able to come by and ogle it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely adore this Debs......the deer is my favourite and your background amazing
    Tfs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are absolutely gorgeous Deb, I love the deer and the fab cracked embossing xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool houndstooth check to frame that marvellous deer... another fantastic festive project with delicious detailing and textures... front and back!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo