Friday, October 16, 2015

Pink Poinsettias

Happy Friday everyone, hope you had a fun and creative week.  I've been working on a Christmas card to link up with the Jingle Belles' annual Pink Christmas card challenge in support of Breast Cancer Awareness month.


 The very generous Lauren (All The Good Blog Names Were Taken) and Stephanie (Ingenius Inkling) donate $2.00 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation for every PINK card linked up during their challenge so what are you waiting for, break out the pink card making supplies!

I decided to make a pink poinsettia card using Tim Holtz's Tattered Poinsettia die and his new Poinsettia layering stencil.


The die was cut from three shades of pink cardstock and then the flowers were stamped lightly with the Ledger script stamp and sprayed with Pink Raspberry and Tarnished Brass Distress sprays.


Some Rock Candy Distress Glitter was also added here and there on the flowers but it's not showing up in the pictures unfortunately.


Don't you love those little jingle brads?!  And they really are jingle belles, they sound lovely when you give the card a wee shake :O)

The poinsettia stencil kind of got lost behind all of the 'stuff' I ended up layering on, I stenciled white cardstock with transparent texture paste and then coloured the card with Victorian Velvet Distress ink when the paste was dry plus added touches of Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral DI.


I highlighted the texture paste poinsettia's with a rub of gold acrylic paint and then gave it a spritz with the Tarnished Brass Distress spray.

I love this Santa image, he is wonderful!  I think he came from The Graphics Fairy, he's been in my stash of vintage images forever.


The foliage was die cut from various shades of green cardstock using Tim Holtz's Holiday Greens thinlits die and then spritzed with some Heidi Swapp Chartreuse Color Shine spray and the vintage ephemera bits and bobs are from Tim Holtz's new Festive Christmas Ephemera pack.

I added the holly spray from the Holiday Greens die to the inside along with a little ticket I made last year using the Mini Filmstrip and Tickets die and some images found on the Vintage Christmas CD by Crafty Secrets.


I would also like to link this card up with Linda Coughlin's 12 Tags Of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style challenge which is sponsored by her wonderful store, The Funkie Junkie Boutique (I can attest to Linda's amazing customer service!).

 
I was inspired by the poinsettia's on Linda's beautiful tag and used the Tattered Poinsettia die and the Poinsettia layering stencil as she had done on her tag.  If you aren't familiar with Linda's annual 12 Christmas tags challenge, head on over to check it out.  I'm already 3 tags behind so I have to get a move on to get caught up!

Thanks as always for stopping by and hope you have a relaxing and fun weekend.  Happy creating!

Deb xo

24 comments:

  1. Deb - What a gorgeous card! I wouldn't want to send that one off. LOL

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree-- totally gorgeous!! Good for you for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super pretty card Deb.I would be thrilled to get a gorgeous card like this!Lucky person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. I really like the poinsettias. I saw that die and considered buying it. It takes me a while before I can cave and spend the money....lol I love the sprig of holly and the ticket that you added to the inside. A very nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Deb! Fantastic what you can do and it all comes together so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so pretty. My granddaughter would love that as she loves pink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pinks work so well on the poinsettias and you are so right about the wonderful Santa image. I love that you finished the inside too. A really beautiful card and a really worthy cause. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know that there are a lot of images of Santa out there that I really don't care for. But your Santa has a very kind face.
    But I must say - he also seems go look into my soul!
    Your flowers are gorgeous and I really do like the idea of little bells for the center.
    There are so many people raising money for Breast Cancer Research it is quite amazing. A worthy cause too!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING!!! LOVE the pink poinsettias, and love the vintage feel! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Deb,

    I'm thrilled to have you joining i the fun with me for my 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style. Your card is absolutely fantastic. I LOVE the pink poinsettias and the collaged effect is wonderful. Thanks so much for your kind words about my shop and for the thumbnail link - very appreciated! So glad you are playing. Can't wait to see next week's entry.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, and a lovely effect Deb, I love poinsettias. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the stunning colors and splatters on your poinsettias ... absolutely gorgeous .. so glad you joined our PINK for the CURE Christmas at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning card and your pink Poinsettias are so pretty.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deb ~ WOW WOW WOW~ this is one amazing card! You have really captured a gorgeous composition here. I have these die cuts (bought a Sizzix as part of my hand therapy last winter) and you have inspired me to try to make something with them! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nancy! I do hope you break out that die because I know whatever you create with it will be beautiful and elegant! Deb xo

      Delete
  15. you know what's funny is: you *THINK* if you've seen something on IG you've "seen" it but nOOoOOoOOOoooO!!! on the tiny iphone screen??!?! i don't think so, lol!!! of course it did look FAB there, but it's soooo much better on the big comp with lots of detail pics, etc. heck, this thing could be a A SCREEN SAVER there are so many cool details to savor!!! thank you miss deb for joining our JINGLE BELLES "pink christmas" festivities for an awesome cause & helping us spread the word as well! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely pink flowers! I love the glittery golden and pink splashes on the flowers. This pink card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think your card is gorgeous! Makes me want that Tim Holtz die even more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie and do get that die, it is lovely! Deb xo

      Delete
  18. How I love this amazing card! I decided to add a card based on your recommendation! Love your vintage design and perfect style. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and so glad you joined in the challenge at Jingle Belles, they raised $360.00 for breast cancer research!! Deb xo

      Delete
  19. Gorgeous pink poinsettias - and an altogether lovely vintage card - and in such a good cause too! Well done Jingle Belles.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Of all the pink cards, this is for sure my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo