Monday, November 30, 2015

Counting Down

It's the last day of November ... can someone please tell me where this whole year has disappeared to?  I know time seems to pass more quickly the older we get but this is getting ridiculous!  Less than a month to Christmas and only one more month to the start of a New Year.  I'm venturing a guess that next year isn't going to go much slower than this one so I best get used to it!

I have NUMEROUS commitments coming up very rapidly over the next few days and I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get them all done.  I signed up for several swaps at our Mixed Media Studio group (before I was aware of all my DT commitments at A Vintage Journey and Mixed Media Mojo) and finally found the time yesterday to get one of the swap projects completed.


We were to make four cards to send to one person using sketches developed by Julee Tilman at Viva La Verve.  The technique is called '6x6 one sheet wonder' and you use one 6x6 sheet of double sided cardstock to cut out all of the shapes to make these four cards.  It's quite ingenious!  I also added embossed backgrounds to my cards using some new We R Memory Keepers embossing folders I found at HomeSense and also added some die cut sentiments using the Sizzix/Tim Holtz Christmas Words 2: Script dies.  Some die cut snowflakes and silver glitter glue finished them off.  I also made envelopes for each of the cards and embellished them with a stamped embossed snowflake.  Hope my swap partner will like them!

I now have to finish off a December banner for our ongoing banner swap as well as finish making some ornaments for an ornament swap we are doing.  I have to make five in total and only have two done ... man the panic stations!  Hope you have a wonderful last day of November and are ready for December, here it comes ready or not!  Happy creating,

Deb xo

P.S.  The 12 Days of Christmas blog hop hosted by Wendy at Ravenwood Whimzies starts tomorrow, see the link on my right sidebar and hope you will come hop along with us from December 1st right though to December 12th, it's going to be lots of fun!

7 comments:

  1. Lucky person receiving this, adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Deb, I love this colour combination and the embossing is fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the colors! Great job! Pretty envelopes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, you are a busy one. Do you find time in there to breathe a bit?....lol These cards look great.Love the brown/blue color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, you really are a busy bee, I do love the cards you made - quite a challenge to cut the shapes from one 6 x 6 piece of cardstock, but you did it beautifully! I am so sorry that I left my Christmas card making until now ... I don't think I am going to make it..... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what you will be sharing in the Blog Hop! Thanks for joining in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how the white lettering pops against the textured kraft. What a great card design, allowing you to create variations on the theme so easily.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo