Monday, November 23, 2015

Snow Day

Hello!  My apologies for being absent from blogland for so long, I can't believe I haven't posted since Remembrance Day.  I have several big projects in the works and time has been flying by, my poor DH hasn't seen hide nor hair of me as I've been madly creating down in the studio.  But the largest project is now done (apart from taking photographs, editing said photographs, writing the blog post, linking the blog post .... in retrospect I guess it's not done quite yet!) and I feel like I have a bit of time to pop in and say hi.  Hi!

As the projects I'm working on are for scheduled design posts, I can't share them with you yet but here is a sneaky peek of a very small part of one of the projects :O)


It's been very inky and Christmasy around here lately!

And speaking of Christmas, it is definitely a winter wonderland here today.  They are forecasting that we will be getting 20 - 30 cm (7 - 12 inches) of snow today and tomorrow and so far it is looking like they are right.  The snowy flakes are softly falling and the world is looking very white.  Here's a picture of a wonderful little nest I spied on a walk with the pups this morning, memories of summer!


The forecast is also calling for an 'Arctic outbreak' to follow the snow (sounds very ominous, doesn't it?!) and the temperatures are going to be plummeting.  I am really hoping that the cold will not last long; the snow I can handle, freezing temperatures not so much!

I will try to get back to say hi again if time permits, but if not I hope you'll pop back for the first of my mystery projects on Sunday afternoon.  The rest will be following hot on it's heels for the beginning of the month of December (can someone please tell me how we got to talking about December already??!) so you will be very sick of me very soon!  Thanks for stopping by today and hope that it is warm and a little less snowy wherever you may be.  Happy creating!

Deb xo

15 comments:

  1. Hmm... what are you going to do with those gorgeous tags? Love the white script on the Santa one. Great shot of the nest; that would make a lovely note card or Xmas card. We've seen the white stuff here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very inky holiday season for you :) I like the tags and can't wait to see more of what you've been doing.
    That sounds like far too much snow for me. We did get a little bit but it's supposed to warm up later in the week so it should be all gone in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tags Deb, great images. That photograph has stolen the show, wow!! Love the bird nest, what imagery! It really speaks to the feeling you get from Mother Nature during this cold season...that deserted nest just waiting for the first sprig of green so the family can return! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that wee nest! We had our first frost yesterday - but sadly it's back to grey and damp today. I shall live winter vicariously through your photos of beautiful BC! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tags and love the wintery photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tags and love the photo. We have had our first light dusting of snow - nothing to write home about :-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll really be in the holiday mood with the colder weather! Love pretty Christmas tags! Enjoy your week. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of beautiful creativity happening at your place. I envy you the snow, but here it's cold and sunny, so I can't complain too much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sneak peeks are beautiful Deb and the snowy scene is so, so lovely. The little nest is adorable with the ring of snow on top. We have had a light dusting of snow too and it seems like we are in for a harsh winter here. I am looking forward to seeing your projects - in the meantime, keep warm! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous sneaky peeks Deb, looking forward to popping back on Sunday.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deb... the tags are wonderful... the photo of the nest, nestled in the branch with the first snow is perfect! Warm Wishes from south Jersey! Daryle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daryle and it was the perfect amount of snow to highlight that adorable little nest, so glad I found it! Belated Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Deb xo

      Delete
  12. I love the terminology "artic outbreak"! Hope you didn't get all they called for Deb. We have very mild weather here - what a blessing. Love your little next picture - precious! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Christmas tags are beautiful Deb and your snowy photographs are just gorgeous! Have a fab weekend, hope it's not too cold, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely vintage tags! I know life with snow can get difficult, but I do envy you the beauty of it. Looks as though we're in for another warm-ish, wet, grey, dull winter... boring!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo