Friday, December 11, 2015

Glitter And Scribbles

Happy Friday everyone, hope you've had a fun and productive week.  I finally finished up my 5th and final ornament for our Mixed Media Studio swap and everything is in the mail and heading off to it's destination.  One more thing crossed off the list, woo-hoo!

For the fifth ornament, I was inspired by The Funkie Junkie's week #5 tag that Linda created for her 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.  (If you haven't seen the challenge, click here to check it out and enter to win one of the very generous gift certificates from The Funkie Junkie Boutique!).


I don't have the Festive Scribbles dies that Linda used on her tag but I do have the Scribbles and Splat dies and the Woodlands die so decided to use those to try and duplicate the 'scribbly' aspect of the inspiration tag.  I also don't have the Scribbly Christmas stamp set that Linda used on her background, so I just did some random stamping on mine with Christmas stamps from my stash using Watering Can Archival ink.


The little Christmas tree stamped underneath 'happy holidays' is formed by the hand written words to 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas' so that was kind of scribbly!  The background of the ornament was coloured with Iced Spruce, Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn distress ink, edged with some Vintage Photo DI and then spritzed with Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist and a bit of spritz and flick with water.

I do have Tim's Deco Sheets so die cut the zig zag scribble from the silver deco sheet, it kind of reminds me of a snowbank!


I backed the deco sheets with some card stock before die cutting the shapes as these dies are much too intricate to try and keep them from tangling as you peel the backing paper off of the deco sheet (ask me how I know this!).

The Woodlands tree was die cut from some of the gold deco sheet (topped with a silver punched snowflake)


and the scribbly heart was die cut from the gold deco sheet as well.


The sentiment was die cut from white cardstock using Tim's Holiday Words 2: Script dies and I then painted the die cut with Americana Santa Red acrylic paint (an appropriate colour for this time of year!).


Once the paint was dry, I gave the letters a coating of Christmas Red Stickles glitter glue to continue the sparkle theme.

A length of silver tinsel twine was added as a hanger and ornament number 5 was done.


Since I'm not even half way through Linda's 12 Christmas Tags challenge, I've decided to use the rest of her tags as inspiration for gifts and ornaments that I am going to give as presents to my family and friends this year.  As Christmas is now less than two weeks away, I have to get my roller skates on to get them done in time, I'll be back again soon to share my progress!  Thanks as always for stopping by and happy creating!

Deb xo

7 comments:

  1. I love this Deb! Great use of a non holiday die. Good luck getting them all done. You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors, and love the pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you know that Deb?? Lol, join the club! This has really cheered up a very dull and rainy day for me, it is light, cheery and fun, I love it! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! So very artsy!!!! I did order those trees today - I really like them a lot!
    Merry Christmas Deb!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this one. Simple yet impressive. I've seen the scribbly dies and have considered buying them. I'm trying to show constraint though and stop buying more

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a festive design with all the sparkly die cuts Deb! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've hovered over those scribbles and splats so many times - they look fabulous all dolled up in glitter here, and it's inspired to use the scribble as the snowy "ground"... and you know I love that tree!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo