Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Merry Christmas Banners Ornament

Hello everyone, hope this finds you all ready for the big day, only two more sleeps!  I've been working on some Christmas gifts for family and friends and also managed to get another ornament completed to link up with The Funkie Junkie's 12 Tags of Christmas challenge.  Linda has graciously extended her deadline until December 27th to give those of us who are woefully behind a chance to catch up, thank you Linda!  If you have some free time after Christmas you should check out the challenge, Linda has some very generous gift certificates to her store The Funkie Junkie Boutique on offer as prizes!

This ornament was inspired by Linda's week #8 tag.  She had used a lovely sepia background, some festive plaid banners, trees and ornaments on hers so those were some of the elements that I used on my ornament.


Pretty much everything on here is from Tim Holtz, other than the die cut flourishes and the Merry Christmas stamp.  I started out by colouring the background with Tea Dye and Vintage Photo distress ink along with some spritz and flick with water and then stenciled some holly leaves with Ground Espresso DI through a Holiday Greens die cut negative.


I cut three banners from Tim Holtz's Yuletide Paper Stash and then cut a couple of Sizzix Flourishes from some card coloured with various shades of green DI that was highlighted here and there with some Star Dust Stickles glitter glue.

I cut two ornaments using the Retro Ornaments die from more Yuletide papers.


I added some gold Stickles as a highlight around the central die cut motif on each ornament and also made a 'hanger' for the ornaments from the gold Stickles.

I stamped Tim's Tree Line stamp onto some digital paper that had a vintage flourish motif on it and fussy cut the trees.


I cut a border for the bottom from a scrap of Yuletide paper and also cut out one of the labels from the same paper stash and stamped the Merry Christmas sentiment onto it with Jet Black Archival ink and clear embossed it.  I added a line of Sparkle glitter glue under the trees (it came out quite yellow in the picture but is actually quite sparkly and lovely in real life!) and mounted the label over top on some dimensional tape.

A length of green tinsel twine was added as a hanger and the ornament was complete.


Thanks again to Linda for the inspiration!  I probably won't get back before Christmas Day so I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you and yours a joyous holiday season.  Enjoy the day my friends and Merry Christmas!

Deb xo

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful festive tag Deb! the top reminds me of a warm winter quilt with the mix of colors and patterns! Merry Christmas!! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice tag. I find the colors very appealing. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colors! I like that green tinsel hanger. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your retro baubles look so cute, and I love the banners - fabulous take on Linda's inspiration!
    Wishing you and yours a peaceful and joyous festive season!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing prettier than the Tim H. Christmas things and you always put things together so beautifully. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Deb. Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas Eve Day and I wish you and yours a Happy Christmas.

    hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those ornaments Deb, wish I had bought them now - so will add them to my wish list. Your ornament is beautiful!

    Merry Christmas!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aa terrific take on Tag #8, Deb. Love the mix of festive holiday patterns in the papers and your use of the Retro Ornaments dies is inspired. Love that Treelie stamp set too and it looks fabulous here. Your ornament came out fantastic!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo