Saturday, January 16, 2016

A Gift From A Friend

Hello everyone and happy Saturday!  Hope you are having a good weekend, it is snowing here today and they are forecasting a few inches before all is said and done but it is lovely and warm for this time of year so I don't mind it at all.  I should reiterate that 'warm' is a relative term here in Canada, it is currently -1 C (30 F) which is a lovely temperature for January, it's downright balmy! :O)

I wanted to share a wonderful gift that I received from my friend Romona of Northbrook Designs.  She was doing a major destash of some mixed media crafting supplies in her studio and emailed me to ask if I'd be interested in anything, all she asked was that I pay for the mailing costs.  I of course immediately said yes please! (while Romona is diligently destashing, I am working hard at restashing or upstashing or hoarding building my stash :O)  Here is what she sent me.


What a treasure trove!  There were so many goodies, I had a hard time getting them all in the picture.  Scrapbook paper, stamps, inks, books, embellishments, tags, cards .... the list goes on and on.  And there was also a very special gift tucked in with all this fun stuff.


One of Romona's wonderful fairy dolls!  If you are not familiar with Romona's work (click here to visit her blog), she is an extremely talented doll maker and I can tell you that the workmanship and attention to detail on this adorable fairy is second to none.  My hubby was so taken with Tansy (as we have named her!) that he immediately hung her on a floor lamp so she was looking out over the yard.  Hopefully she will bring some Spring to us sooner rather than later although by the looks of things today she has her work cut out for her!

Thank you so much for your amazing generosity Romona, I do promise to put all of these treasures to good use.  It might take me awhile as there are so many but I am going to do my very best!  And your timing couldn't have been better, today is my birthday so getting your parcel yesterday was the perfect gift :O)

Thanks to everyone for stopping by today and here's to a fabulously creative weekend filled with wonderful surprises and friendships!  Happy creating,

Deb xo

19 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday, Deb. I hope that you had a wonderful day. Just to help you put balmy in perspective - last Wednesday it was 42 degrees Celsius in Melbourne, Australia! lol! Now that is an awful lot of balmy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb!
    I apologise because I haven't left any comments on your blog for quite a while now.
    This is a lovely gift from a good friend. I am sure you will find the right use for those stamps, brushes and other elements.
    Take care of yourself!
    Arlette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb,
    Well it didn't look that big a load until you displayed it like that...lol However, for your stash growing, I am filling another box, so stay tuned.. Romona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear Deb
    Happy Birthday to you

    What a great package you got there. All those wonderful things to play with. That fairy doll is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Hope you do some celebrating! What a fun package to find in your mailbox-- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous selection.Many Happies to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Deb, I hadn't realised. This gift must have really made your day. It's a great idea too as I could do with a de-clutter. The only problem I have is that I have been crafting and teaching art like forever and just think that some of my stamps for example, are rather old and people might not be interested. Having said that some have never been used (big guilt!). I shall have to give it some thought.
    For now, Happy Birthday to you xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!! What a wonderful friend Romona is, she sent you so many goodies that I know you will enjoy. Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday sweet lady! You'll have such fun with all of these wonderful supplies. The things you will make....ahhhh! And Romona is such a talented artist! I love her creations! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Deb, so sorry that I missed your birthday - Happy Birthday for yesterday!

    Tansy is adorable. I hope she brings you 'Spring' soon. Great stash from Romona, I can see you having lots of fun with that... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you hit the jackpot! Hope you had a wonderful birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a way to start the year, Deb!! How fun!! :) :) Look at all of those creative goodies that I know you're going to put to fantastic use in the new year!! I owe you a nice long email, but just had to take the moment to leave you a little comment :) I'm still here, just a bit buried...you know how that goes :) Completely love the new addition of Tansy to your family, too!! She's darling and I can feel her magic powers evoking Spring right now--through the flurries of snow, of course!! :) :) Happy Belated Birthday to you my Friend--29 FOREVER!! :) :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Wow what a fabulous parcel of goodies! Can I have the.......Laughing! Lock yourself in, stick the kettle on and ....enjoy!!! Cxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice... what a stash! As you said a "treasure trove" of creative inspiration! Belated birthday wishes are sent your way. Daryle

    ReplyDelete
  15. A belated Happy Birthday and what a wonderful friend to destash for you to restash LOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a great parcel to add to your stash... looks like lots of exciting things in there - plus that wonderful fairy doll. Definitely a happy post!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, such a generous gift! Love the fairy doll, so amazing. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh just saw that you won Wendy vechi's stamps!!! Awesome!!! Yay for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful collection of gifts and no doubt you will enjoy. Happy Belated Birthday and have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo