Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sweetness Valentine's Day Card

Hello everyone, sorry for my lack of posts but I've been working behind the scenes on several design team projects that I can't share with you quite yet.  While I've been crafting like a mad woman I have little to show you I'm afraid!  So this post will be a bit of a mish mash but I promise that starting on January 28th you will get very tired of me very quickly as all of my scheduled posts start to get published LOL!

The first thing I wanted to share was a wonderful giveaway package that I won over at Alpha Stamps earlier in the month.  Look at all the lovely Victorian Valentine themed goodies I received!


Three collage sheets designed by Laura Carson, a 6x6 'Amour' paper pad, lovely delicate chipboard embellishments, delicious lace trim, numerous manila hang tags, some adorable little cardinal birds and a beautiful glass heart bead.  Thank you so much, what a wonderful package!

And here is a Valentine's Day card I made that incorporated just a small snippet of that Valentine bonanza.  I am participating in a Valentine's Day card swap over on Instagram and I used a piece of the 'Amour' paper to make my card.


I stamped the flourished heart (from the Forever In Time 'Hearts Medley' stamp set) onto a snippet of paper that I created for one of my design team projects and then mounted it onto a piece of the lovely Amour paper.


You can't see it in the picture but I added some Wink Of Stella to the embossed heart here and there and it shimmers wonderfully in the light.  I added some irridescent heart confetti scattered here and there and sewed a piece of rick rack along the bottom of the heart panel.


The 'sweetness' banner is from a collage sheet courtesy of Paper Whimsy and I adhered it onto a piece of craft cardstock and mounted it on some pop dots.  The faceted heart gem below it was from my stash.  I also stenciled the envelope with Tim Holtz's Flourish stencil and some Victorian Velvet distress ink and added a couple more of the irredescent confetti hearts.  I have a few more goodies to add to the envelope and then it will head off to my swap partner.

And lastly, I had to do a major redo of the rosette 4x4 page that I showed you a few days ago since I found out that my suppositions about the whole challenge for the Mixed Media Studio were totally wrong!  We are indeed swapping these 4x4 pages and had apparently been instructed to:

1) make a 4x4 page with some kind of textured/painted/embellished background;
2) mount a handmade folded paper rosette or two onto it;
3) and add a description of the techniques we used onto the back of the 4x4 page.

Somehow or other I TOTALLY missed that whole conversation LOL!  So I ripped apart the page I had made and made this version instead :O)


Wendy Vecchi Crackle texture paste through a checkerboard stencil, two (smaller) paper rosettes made with chevron papers using the same technique I mentioned last time by LisaEDesign and a couple of small insect charms, coloured with alcohol inks and laid down on a bed of microbeads.  Whew, so glad I found out what we were really supposed to be doing before all of my DT projects came due.  I got the page finished a few days ago and it is now in the mail and on it's way to my swap partner.

So that is it for now my friends, as I mentioned I have a post scheduled this coming Thursday afternoon for A Vintage Journey so if I don't get back before then, I will see you on Thursday!  I hope all of you in the East affected by that monster snow storm have managed to dig yourselves out and that you and yours are safe and warm.  Thanks as always for stopping by and happy creating!

Deb xo

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I love Alpha Stamps! What a haul you won!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome prize package. It must have felt like Christmas all over again....lol
    I really like the Valentines card. How do you get the raggy looking edges on the paper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a lot of stuff! Congrats on all your goodies and gorgeous cards! The crackle paste is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, wow, wow! for someone not having too much to show... you've sure got some AWESOME things to show! rockin' it as always miss deb!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely bag of goodies Deb and you sure put some of it to good use already! Love your redo, and bravo to you for going to the trouble to do that. I don't think I would have bothered, but you really put your heart into everything you do! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I love all the pinks! Looks like you hit the jackpot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that was a great win Deb, I just love those gorgeous coloured pieces of lace... and those lovely papers too! Your Valentine card is beautiful, love the heart. The handmade rosettes on the second card are brilliant, shame you had to redo it all though, but the result is wonderful. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous and fun win ! I love all that you are creating ! Have a great week ~hugs Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you! And two more glorious projects! LOVE the carckle paste treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful prize package - I'm sure you'll make excellent use of all those goodies. Love the first pretty in pink Valentine's card using some of them, and your re-worked 4x4 is looking great.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first one is so sweet and I love the raised flowers with the dragonfly. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo