Monday, February 29, 2016

Raindrops

Happy Leap Day everyone!  Hope you are enjoying your extra day, we all get to stay the same age for the next 24 hours which can't be a bad thing LOL!

As I mentioned in my last post, we've been having very Spring-like weather here in B.C. and rather than snow flurries we have been getting rain showers which is practically unheard of for this time of year.  I was out taking pictures yesterday morning that I shared on Instagram but thought I'd share them with you, my lovely blog followers, as well.

I love the high wire act that this wee raindrop seems to be performing on this swooping forsythia branch!


 '... I see clarity in the raindrop and beauty in the first ray of morning sun ...'; love that quote by Virginia Alison.

And then I took a picture of one of our climbing roses, raindrops were cascading down the branch like a string of pearls.


And can it be?  Are those rose buds starting to swell on the branch already?  Oh Spring, I think you are well and truly sprung!

Hope you are enjoying some sunshine and raindrops wherever you may be and hope you will stop by again tomorrow to see my design team contribution to the March challenge at Mixed Media Mojo.  Have a wonderful day and happy creating!

Deb xo

9 comments:

  1. Oh Deb, those photos are so lovely.I can imagine how much you look forward to Spring.Yes...little buds there- definitely!!Would LOVE to see your state in the Fall!! Magnificent I reckon.
    We are a Mediterranean-type climate, so no extremes- except for the HEAT in mid Summer.That can be trying, but our Winters are mild in comparison.We are just edging into Autumn here. Sigh!Can't wait! Love Winter best of all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb what lovely photographs, they do look very Spring like. I do hope you're right as it's been sooo cold here lately (not by B C standards, but cold enough lol)
    Have a fun week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful in your area...I once lived on Whidbey Island - similar but I hear B.C. is even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! I have seen a few signs of Soring here, but we are supposed to get sleet and snow tonight. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos. I always like seeing raindrops hanging off of plants after the rain. I also like seeing signs of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your raindrops are beautiful. at least its not snow right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What neat photos! I love your new blog banner too! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your photos, Deb - every day feels like Spring is getting closer, and these beautiful buds and droplets totally capture that! And thanks for the reminder about looking at my forsythia bush!! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos. Seems early for buds, doesn't it? But welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo