Friday, April 15, 2016

May Flowers ATC's

Hello, hope you have all had a great week.  I can't believe that it is Friday again already and that the month of April is already half over.  Where or where does the time go?!

As promised here are some pictures of the 'May Flowers' ATC's that I made for a swap at the Mixed Media Studio.  I decided to use complimentary colour schemes on them and tried to get away from my current obsession with the colour green although as you can see I wasn't really successful ... I can't help myself, I am in love with the colour green right now!


I used the complimentary colour palette of yellow and purple for the May Flowers poppy ATC.


I embossed the background using a Sizzix Pansy Tiles embossing folder onto card coloured with various shades of yellow Distress inks.  The purple flowers in the background were cut using Tim Holtz's Wildflowers die (another of my current obsessions!) from card coloured with various colours of purple Distress inks highlighted with Perfect Pearls.


The poppies were a lucky $1 store chipboard embellishment find, they are layered and highlighted with a bit of glitter.


The May Flowers sentiment was printed out on the computer and mounted on some foam tape for a bit of dimension.  The whole ATC was then edged with some Tim Holtz Elements tissue tape.

For the second ATC, I chose to use the complementary colour scheme of red and green.


The background is a piece of green script scrapbooking paper and I then die cut the red floral overlay using one of Tim Holtz's Mixed Media 2 thinlits dies from some red polka dot scrapbook paper.


The flowers were created from fabric, I used a technique from this YouTube video by CreativeKelly for the top two flowers and the bottom flower was made with layers of petals die cut with the Tattered Florals die.  Buttons and embroidery floss became their centers and I coloured some button string with Twisted Citron Distress ink to layer underneath them.

The banner was stamped with one of Tim Holtz's Perspective stamps using Black Soot Archival ink and clear embossed (I taped off the parts of the stamp that I didn't need so I could stamp the word 'Beauty' by itself).


I coloured in the shadow lines with a black Pigma Micron pen, coloured the white cardstock with some Old Paper Distress ink, cut out the fish tail banner to size and edged it with a touch of Vintage Photo DI.  Some green ribbon was also added around the edges of the ATC to finish it off.

So that's my May Flowers ATC duo and I hope that my swap partner will like them, I had fun making them for her!


I'd like to link my May Flowers ATC's up with the following challenges:

Emerald Creek Dares:  Anything Goes

Country View Challenges:  April Challenge - Spring

Have a great weekend everyone and happy creating!

Deb xo

21 comments:

  1. These ATCs are so great! I am totally impressed that you paired the red and green and the ATC has no resemblance to Christmas. Well done. I love the yellow and purple. So many wonderful shades in that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Deb, they look fantastic, so bright and colourful! Specially love the poppy one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how colourful they are. It is as if they are screaming 'Summer is not far'.
    Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb! You surely managed to create the vibrancy of sweet spring blooms with your flower cards! I love the colours and those pretty fabric flowers!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These both turned out great. I was wondering how you did the flowers in the first one. I thought to myself if she made those she better be telling us how....lol. I love the tissue tape you used in that first one too.
    I've made some flowers before like the bigger red ones. They're really cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are wonderful but the first one - May Flowers is my favorite. I love pansies and those are just GORGEOUS Deb. These are so fun - bright, bold and lovely. j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love both ATCs, those poppies are just stunning and I love the red flowers on the second. Both ATCs are really beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! You do such a great job with the details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your dimensional flowers - those buttons are a really cute touch! Should have a bit more playtime for the last couple of weeks here in New York - so looking forward to some more regular visiting too, to catch up with all of you!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your ATCs. Using the complimentary colours just makes everything pop. Brilliant! Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous little cards - can't decide which is my favorite! Love the cheery colors and the wonderful floral images and embossing/die cuts....need to get out my wildflower die as I absolutely love how you've used it here! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great couple of ATC's! The colour schemes are well chosen and you can't go wrong with TH's Wild flower dies... (on my wish list!) Thanks for your kind words on my blog and for joining us at Country View Challenges. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just gorgeous, thanks for sharing this with us at Country View.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for all this explanation of your techniques Deb. There;s always so much to learn about all the new and sometimes not so new products.Using things in a different way is good to learn.
    Thanks
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful ATC's Deb. So bright and cheery, I just love all the vibrant flowers!! Beautiful! Have a great week my friend. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful ATC's! Reminds me a picnic on a sunny summer day. Thank you for sharing it at Emerald Creek Dares!
    {julia}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, Deb...these little ATC cards are so darn cute! They remind me of little seed packets only these are much prettier and DIMENSIONAL! I love your sweet little flowers! The colors are so striking and eye catching. You've done such a nice job of layering so many elements to create such lovely designs. Thanks so much as well for the really nice comments you left on my blog. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beauties!!!! I LOVE the yellow and purple!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are really lovely Deb, such happy colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've packed so much color and dimension in these little cards! Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both are beautiful, Deb! I came by with a cuppa to meander through your amazing work and get some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo