Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Curiosity Perfect Distress Card

Hello everyone, it's week 3 of Tim Holtz's Summer of Creative Chemistry and this week we are reviewing Distress paints and Perfect Pearls from Creative Chemistry 101.

For our homework assignment this week, we were challenged to make a  tag, card or other project using Perfect Pearls and Distress inks or Distress stains.  I chose to use both Distress stains and inks with the Perfect Pearls, utilizing one of Tim's perfect distress techniques.


The numeral stamp from Tim's Perspectives stamp set was inked up with various colours of Distress inks and stamped onto a Distress stain background.  Then, following Tim's perfect distress instructions, Perfect Pearls was added overtop of the stamped image along with a fine spray of water and voila, Perfect Distress!


Love how the Distress ink wicks out from under the Perfect Pearls.


And that lovely shimmer!


To complete my card I stamped the hand from Tim's new Dapper set and one of the sentiments from his Perspectives set onto cardstock coloured with Old Paper Distress stain and added the Edison light bulb charm from Emerald Creek Craft Supplies.


I cut the hanging loop off of the charm and colored the bottom with Black alcohol ink and the filament with Butterscotch alcohol ink, as well as adding a touch of Gold Stickles glitter glue on the filament.

Thanks for stopping by today and hope you too are having fun in class at the Summer of Creative Chemistry.


I'll be back soon with another project for our current Destination Inspiration voyage over at A Vintage Journey and hope to see you then, happy creating!

Deb xo

14 comments:

  1. Love this. The background is great. I've never used perfect pearls. I think I need to add it to my stash. I really like that saying

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fab x love the background x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous as always. The little light bulb is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous ! Debs I really need to get on with mine - thanks for the reminder .:) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the great details and techniques you you put into this great card! That sentiment is great advice too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Love the background technique. I thought the filament had been gilded at first, it looks really good. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb, your card is a real stunner, I love how the ink wicks out too and that lightbulb is fabulous too! I am a very bad student by not doing the homework... sigh.... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Deb, a great simple design, fabulous mounted layers and striking colours really draws me in, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing it in the class gallery! Love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is extremely cool! What awesome details. Congrats on the IG love this project received too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card Deb, the numbered backdrop is very striking and I adore that little lightbulb. Hugs. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the background, Deb...and that lightbulb charm is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I too like the ink wicking under the letters as well... great presentation

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous design, and love the techniques presented so well! The lightbulb charmis finished off so beautifully and really is the perfect embellishment for this! I looked at mine the other day and wondered WHEN am I going to USE these and not just hoard them! Ha! Ha! Great work here! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo