Friday, June 3, 2016

Dad Never Steers Us Wrong Mixed Media Plaque

Hello, I am very excited to be over at the Southern Ridge Trading Company blog today with my first design team project for them!  Our challenge theme this month is Anything Masculine and as soon as I saw the fabulous Dad Word chipboard piece I knew I had to use it.


I had such fun making this plaque (it is going to be a birthday present for my father-in-law) and hope that you can stop by the Southern Ridge Trading Company blog to see my tutorial on how I made it.

I also hope that you will join in our challenge this month, you have a chance to win 4 designs from the Southern Ridge Trading Company's online store - chipboard.ca - a $20.00 (before tax) retail value of YOUR OWN CHOOSING!  Hope to see you there and as always, happy creating!

Deb xo

14 comments:

  1. Love this plaque. The swirly looking D really appeals to me and the picture you used is so fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great debut piece for SRTC - the DAD chipboard is, as you say, fabulous, and I love that vintage photo. The whole plaque has such a story to tell - it's wonderful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new DT gig Deb, what a great team to be on! Love your debut project, the 'Dad' looks amazing! Wonderful gift for you Dad, he will love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a great art plaque, Deb! I studied every little step of the way through your tutorial. And learned some new simple techniques that bring a punch to an art piece. Thank you! That "Dad" chipboard is wonderful. Love the old photo too. What a kick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like the black on the pastel BG. And what a fun photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful project Deb, I'm sure you new DT loved this.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fabulous plaque Deb, love the elements that go together perfectly with the quote. It's very cleverly designed and put together. Congrats on your new DT position xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so loving this Deb. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful plaque Deb! love your use of patterned paper, all the elements are perfectly balanced! Love this! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great project! I love the photo too! Congrats to you on the Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning creation - fabulous details and sentiment! Congrats on your new DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great plaque! your father in law is going to treasure this! Love the map, the photo and that compass. Of course, "Dad" looks fabulous pulling it all together! Congratulations on your appointment to the team at Southern Ridge! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful! The photograph is so happy, and the Dad is perfect xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo